Dont go into academics!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My last warning:
cat.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

I get dibs on grossing the kitten.

Members don't see this ad :)
sacrament said:
I get dibs on grossing the kitten.

It's already been done.

Received fresh, labeled "kitty parts" is a 10 cm aggregate of blood, fuzz, soft tissue fragments, and bone with abundant crush injury, fragmentation, and metal debris. Gross description only.

AndyMilonakis said:
wow....another earth-shattering thread from the LADoc00. :thumbup:
With such a compelling argument, how can you resist?

geddy said:
With such a compelling argument, how can you resist?
Yeah, I guess resistance is futile :rolleyes:

I could spend time trying to find a 4-assed Borg picture but I'm trying to get out of lab by 3 pm today so no dice.

AndyMilonakis said:
Yeah, I guess resistance is futile :rolleyes:

I could spend time trying to find a 4-assed Borg picture but I'm trying to get out of lab by 3 pm today so no dice.
That would be an interesting pic. I have been yearning to meet another of my kind.

Ya know, I have been hearing this anti-academia rhetoric more and more from path residents. The salaries are so much lower than pp, it does make one stop and think.

It is a prerequisite that you love academics to go into academics. You don't do it for the money. You gotta love working with residents, teaching, being superspecialized. If you don't love it, you will be super bitter, so stay away.

And remember, you won't starve. You will still likely earn 200,000/yr. after a few years. You don't have to buy your own health ins, own microscope and malpractice ins like you would in a private practice group (even if the group is paying for it, it is in essence coming out of your own pocket). Plus you get to look at hot medical students and, if you are lucky, undergrads all day long for the rest of your life. That feeling you get when you see all the college chicks wearing mini skirts and tank tops on the first hot day of spring will be something you get for the rest of your life. That is something that money just can't buy! :laugh:

tsj said:
It is a prerequisite that you love academics to go into academics. You don't do it for the money. You gotta love working with residents, teaching, being superspecialized. If you don't love it, you will be super bitter, so stay away.

And remember, you won't starve. You will still likely earn 200,000/yr. after a few years. You don't have to buy your own health ins, own microscope and malpractice ins like you would in a private practice group (even if the group is paying for it, it is in essence coming out of your own pocket). Plus you get to look at hot medical students and, if you are lucky, undergrads all day long for the rest of your life. That feeling you get when you see all the college chicks wearing mini skirts and tank tops on the first hot day of spring will be something you get for the rest of your life. That is something that money just can't buy! :laugh:
Wow I didn't think of that way. :laugh:

Amen brutha! Academics is where it's at.

tsj said:

Nice! I got your research right here, sweetheart...

tsj said:
That feeling you get when you see all the college chicks wearing mini skirts and tank tops on the first hot day of spring will be something you get for the rest of your life.
And for the girls, hot Path profs. HOT.

beary said:
Woohoo!!!!! Donuts for academics!!

Geez I am going to be glued to my computer tomorrow to find out where you all matched!!
yeah, pull off an allnighter! :laugh:

AndyMilonakis said:
no i meant allnighter tomorrow :)

Oh, well, in that case!! :laugh:

I can definitely see spending an entire night here. Especially tomorrow night!

Of course, you're going to be in VEGAS!

beary said:
Oh, well, in that case!! :laugh:

I can definitely see spending an entire night here. Especially tomorrow night!

Of course, you're going to be in VEGAS!
pulling an allnighter there too :)

cytoborg said:
That would be an interesting pic. I have been yearning to meet another of my kind.

Ya know, I have been hearing this anti-academia rhetoric more and more from path residents. The salaries are so much lower than pp, it does make one stop and think.

Yeah but in academia you get more interesting cases, not a heavy work load, and maybe not such a large bulls eye for lawyers to take a shot at. You will probably live longer as well.