Don't have my CAC, how do I get it?

Started by DD214_DOC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DD214_DOC

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't have my CAC, just the little green thing they gave me when I first started 3 years ago.

I already have my ADT orders for next month. Is there any way I can go to the local base and get my CAC, or do I have to wait and pick one up after I begin the ADT?

Thanks.
 
You can get one 45 days prior to your report date. Just take your orders with you to the ID card office.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just take your orders on to any base, go to the ID office (preferrably in the morning, right after they open), and just tell them you need a CAC. Don't bother trying to explain HPSP, ADTs, etc. If you don't start making your situation look/sound unusual, no one is going to ask. Regarding uniform...you should, but its not necessary. The CAC I had since my first ADT back as an MS1 showed me in a civilian t-shirt.
 
Just to make sure you don't end up wasting a trip, I'd recomend bringing every kind of ID and documentation possible. It seems like every secretary at those places has a different idea of what's required.
 
You can go to Dobbins ARB outside of ATL. I went to get mine couple days ago. Just tell them you only physically need the CAC card.

I had trouble with them asking about a military email account. Just tell them that the the hospital will set up your email account.
 
You can go to Dobbins ARB outside of ATL. I went to get mine couple days ago. Just tell them you only physically need the CAC card.

I had trouble with them asking about a military email account. Just tell them that the the hospital will set up your email account.

Thanks man. I'm actually in SC so I will just hop over to Fort Jackson and pick it up. I got my blues (couldn't find the Army green) and ACU there already.

How are things going?
 
I went to the Army Reserve location closest to me not long ago for my Green Reserve ID. Anyways, the ID badging station had a telephone voice recording saying everything that was needed for various IDs, including CACs, and what hours the office was open. Might be useful to call them up and find out.