Don't know what to do!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morrey

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello new member here. Advice needed!

3.72 cGPa, 3.89 sGPA, 31 MCAT (13 Biological, 11 physical, 7 verbal)

I applied to 9 MD schools and 3 DO schools this past year and did not receive any interviews. The only feedback I was given was I applied too late in the cycle (finished up secondaries by November). I am concerned with the 7 in verbal and the fact that I do not have calculus or biochem completed. Should I reapply come June or should I retake the MCAT and finish up calc and biochem and apply June 2016. I graduated from a CSU in june 2014 with a BS in kinesiology

Members don't see this ad.

I would just reapply. My advisers keep telling me that one should apply early. June or July. The interview offers are often sent out on rolling basis so you probably just applied too late that's all. Try June. Your GPA and MCAT are good enough not to exhaust yourself again.

Good luck.

Reapply in June, stats are fine you just waited way too long

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies. Nothing else?!?

A VR 7 is well below the 10th %ile at most MD schools, and so I recommend a retake if you boning for the MD. I'm surprised that you didn't hear from the DO schools, but do they require calc and/or biochem? If so, then reapply to them in the next cycle.

But do NOT retake the MCAT until you're fully ready.

Hello new member here. Advice needed!

3.72 cGPa, 3.89 sGPA, 31 MCAT (13 Biological, 11 physical, 7 verbal)

I applied to 9 MD schools and 3 DO schools this past year and did not receive any interviews. The only feedback I was given was I applied too late in the cycle (finished up secondaries by November). I am concerned with the 7 in verbal and the fact that I do not have calculus or biochem completed. Should I reapply come June or should I retake the MCAT and finish up calc and biochem and apply June 2016. I graduated from a CSU in june 2014 with a BS in kinesiology

Reactions: 1 user
A VR 7 is well below the 10th %ile at most MD schools, and so I recommend a retake if you boning for the MD. I'm surprised that you didn't hear from the DO schools, but do they require calc and/or biochem? If so, then reapply to them in the next cycle.

But do NOT retake the MCAT until you're fully ready.

At this point MD doesn't really matter all that much to me. The only feedback I got from the DO schools was that I applied too late. They said apply earlier next time. The DO schools were PNWU, NYIT, and midwestern