don't take this as a gunner question but...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedChic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...have you guys started studying for your second semester classes yet?

Happy New Yearr

Members don't see this ad.

For one who hates studying, you sure are doing a lot of that.

I didn't study prior to 2nd semester, but I'm sure some people did. It wouldnt have helped.

Members don't see this ad :)
For one who hates studying, you sure are doing a lot of that.

I didn't study prior to 2nd semester, but I'm sure some people did. It wouldnt have helped.

haha it's more of an anxiety thing driving me to wonder if I should be rather than something I'm actively enjoying

I started reading my Neuroanatomy text rather half-assed, simply because the prof. said we should start "getting acquainted with the language".

I started reading my Neuroanatomy text rather half-assed, simply because the prof. said we should start "getting acquainted with the language".

is neuroanatomy normally a MS2 course???

We do it in MS1.

I think that's less of a gunner question and more of a "i forgot what to do with my time when I don't have stuff to study". So the answer is... kinda. I am going through USMLE books (i have it in 4 months). I would call it perusing books, not actual studying. That said, I would recommend reconnecting with old friends, playing with children in a park, and maybe going to the snow. But I do feel your pain.

Peri, but you have the USMLE in 4 months, so that's understandable. I've began studying for the boards as well as it's coming up.

Honestly, I don't remember doing anything more than relaxing, spending some time with family, shadowing a few docs, watchin movies, having fun, etc. Don't waste it on studying, but if you must, then I'd take a look through immunology. I know a lot of my classmates had issues with that.

"i forgot what to do with my time when I don't have stuff to study"

This is me. I got a public library card and checked out a stack of "fun" reading books. I am not used to having time to do nothing at all. Its kind of unsettling at first, like I should be doing something.

I started to read abdominal anatomy since we are starting that next week, but I was just wasting time and not retaining anything since I wasn't under the gun yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been reading a bit of my CV physio textbook, but a pretty relaxed pace. I only started, because my brain started to hurt from the amount of bad TV I was watching. Besides, I commute to school, so it's not like I flew across the country for the holidays.. because I if I did I totally would not be studying.

I have a SP on Tuesday so I did have to crack open Bates. And I did start looking things over for the next week but nothing serious....still I hate that I even opened a medically related book over the holidays!!! :mad:

I've been reading a bit of my CV physio textbook, but a pretty relaxed pace. I only started, because my brain started to hurt from the amount of bad TV I was watching. Besides, I commute to school, so it's not like I flew across the country for the holidays.. because I if I did I totally would not be studying.

CV physio! Me too. I'm in the ATL airport for the next 9 hours waiting on my sister's flight, and I'm trying to K.O. the first two wks of physio reading.

CV physio! Me too. I'm in the ATL airport for the next 9 hours waiting on my sister's flight, and I'm trying to K.O. the first two wks of physio reading.

woah 9 hours! You poor thing. Although maybe I should head over to LaGuardia to see if it works (ah the life of med students and the pursuit of a perfect study space).

...have you guys started studying for your second semester classes yet?

Happy New Yearr

I studied ALOT in med school and did well, but if you're seriously asking this question, you need get a life...I feel sorry for you.

What is this "studying" you speak of?

Classes start up on Monday, so I am trying to cram in as many gin-n-tonics and naps as I can :)