Don't waste your money on the advertising board prep courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

air bud

I am a dog and play basketball
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't. Its dumb and a waste of money.

Signed people who have passed boards without them.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I concur with this person. it's nice to have questions to see what you know but if you are depending on these money sinks to pass then your ass is grass

What is your opinion on having a subscription on Boards and Beyond, Pathoma and similar?
OMG. Read original post, insert your brand, wash and repeat.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is your opinion on having a subscription on Boards and Beyond, Pathoma and similar?

BB and Pathoma are legit sources to study and prepare for the USMLE Step 1. If you are having trouble with Pathology or need videos to go over first aid while prepping for APMLE Part 1, then those BB videos can help; as they have helped many students to do well on step 1.

I am personally sticking with my school notes, first aid, board vital questions, as primary sources. If my score on the full-length exams is not good then I'll check out BB and Pathoma and maybe the BRS books for weaker areas.

Other than the sources mentioned here...it's all a waste of money..going back to Air Buds post.

Reactions: 1 user
BB and Pathoma are legit sources to study and prepare for the USMLE Step 1. If you are having trouble with Pathology or need videos to go over first aid while prepping for APMLE Part 1, then those BB videos can help; as they have helped many students to do well on step 1.

I am personally sticking with my school notes, first aid, board vital questions, as primary sources. If my score on the full-length exams is not good then I'll check out BB and Pathoma and maybe the BRS books for weaker areas.

Other than the sources mentioned here...it's all a waste of money..going back to Air Buds post.
When I type First Aid in google, all I get is books in print sold primarily on Amazon. Is it what everybody uses, or there is some sort of subscription as well.

I have checked board vitals website. Do most people just choose either master or prepare options? Master one is 6 month access and Prepare is 3 months, so I guess people purchase them this far in advance or they purchase access several times?

Thanks.

When I type First Aid in google, all I get is books in print sold primarily on Amazon. Is it what everybody uses, or there is some sort of subscription as well.

I have checked board vitals website. Do most people just choose either master or prepare options? Master one is 6 month access and Prepare is 3 months, so I guess people purchase them this far in advance or they purchase access several times?

Thanks.

This is the book you want, covers all areas but not enough general anatomy so maybe use your school notes for all of the anatomy (general and lower, also check out Bob's post on how to study for this exam).

In those BB videos, he goes over every testable topic that is in this book and more.

The board vitals qbank should be free from your school; ask an upper student; it is free for me.

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 9.28.48 PM.png

This is the book you want, covers all areas but not enough general anatomy so maybe use your school notes for all of the anatomy (general and lower, also check out Bob's post on how to study for this exam).

In those BB videos, he goes over every testable topic that is in this book and more.

The board vitals qbank should be free from your school; ask an upper student; it is free for me.

View attachment 249245
Thank you

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed. I found the free advice on this forum for all steps to be spot on. Search old threads. Don't waste money and, even more importantly, time on all the online board prep scams.

There are great ones for USMLE but you are not taking USMLE.