Don't You Dare See This and Not Reply! Admissions question:)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheOnlinePharmacist

P4
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does ADMISSIONS TO PHARMACY SCHOOL PRIOR TO TAKING THE PCAT/FINISHING PRE-REQUISITES WORK? Sorry for caps-lock. Just visualizing the important part of my question. I literally just finished my pharmCAS application, with recommendation letters, all the classes I've taken so far and future classes I intend to take, future PCAT test date I plan to test, and a bomb ass personal statement. How will my admissions work? Can I even get an interview without having taken the PCAT and finished pre-requisites? Can I even get accepted? Please help! I'm worried!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about it. Pharmacy schools accept anyone with a pulse.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
How does ADMISSIONS TO PHARMACY SCHOOL PRIOR TO TAKING THE PCAT/FINISHING PRE-REQUISITES WORK? Sorry for caps-lock. Just visualizing the important part of my question. I literally just finished my pharmCAS application, with recommendation letters, all the classes I've taken so far and future classes I intend to take, future PCAT test date I plan to test, and a bomb ass personal statement. How will my admissions work? Can I even get an interview without having taken the PCAT and finished pre-requisites? Can I even get accepted? Please help! I'm worried!
I got my ED interview before I had my official PCAT (I sent my prelim scores) and got accepted (all prereqs were done)
I think it depends on the amount and type of the prereqs pending...I mean if you are missing a whole sequence like chemistry or bio, then you are pretty far from aplying...if it's something silly like speech, I'm sure that wouldn't be that big of a deal...each school usually tells you the official deadline for your prereqs...it should be on their admission requirements page

Members don't see this ad :)

This. They are starting to accept students that don't even have all the required prerequisite. For example I know a student that was accepted that never took Bio1 or Bio2 even though they were required "officially".

This. They are starting to accept students that don't even have all the required prerequisite. For example I know a student that was accepted that never took Bio1 or Bio2 even though they were required "officially".
Even though they've accepted that person who haven't completed bio 1 or bio 2, admissions makes sure that student completes all those prereqs before starting pharmacy school otherwise, the student's acceptance letter would be canceled

Even though they've accepted that person who haven't completed bio 1 or bio 2, admissions makes sure that student completes all those prereqs before starting pharmacy school otherwise, the student's acceptance letter would be canceled
I know for a fact this did not happen. The student is currently a P3 and never took bio 1 or 2. They also have no intention of taking these classes.

I'm in the same situation. Taking A&P and calculus in the spring but finishing up my application now. I just picked "no course selected for this class" on my PharmCAS transcript and figured they would ask me about it if I got an interview. I've heard you sign a sort of "contract" if you're accepted saying you'll finish the courses before you start P1.

I'm finishing up A&P this year. I put those classes as "in progress" or "planning to take" on my PharmCAS... I forgot what the exact wording was. I got an acceptance and they just wanna see my grades. I don't think they'll consider your app complete without PCAT scores/the prelim score.

I second this. I recently talked to someone i know on admissions committee of a mid tier pharmacy school and she pretty much said the quality of applicants are the poorest she has ever seen. The school pretty much grants anyone admission if their gpa is over 3.0 to get paper stats, regardless if they interview drunk or whatever. Even then the last class she said they had to pretty much offer admission to people whom about 5 years prior they wouldve just tossed their application in the trash.