DOT vs OT in the US

Started by apwilson
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

apwilson

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a Canadian MOT student and my husband may have to move to the states for a while to work.
My question is, what is the difference between an OT and a DOT in the states? Here, if I receive a PhD in OT, it seems that I would be more involved in teaching and research. Is the same in the states?
What is the salary difference between an OT and DOT and how difficult is it to get a job there with only a Masters in OT?