Double deposits this late??!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sportygirl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there really people still holding multiple seats? If not, how can there still be movement on the waitlists?

Members don't see this ad.

Are there really people still holding multiple seats? If not, how can there still be movement on the waitlists?

People could be waiting to hear from other schools to see whether or not they've been accepted. Or there could be people holding more than one deposit. :D

But I thought that could be risky to hold multiple seats because schools can take back an acceptance if they find out!

Members don't see this ad :)
im sure theres a couple of people holding multiple deposits at ALMOST every school.

But I thought that could be risky to hold multiple seats because schools can take back an acceptance if they find out!

yea i think i read this too...and don't they have until today or so to make up their mind if not the seat is taken from them?

yea i think i read this too...and don't they have until today or so to make up their mind if not the seat is taken from them?
According to AADSAS...

Applicants holding positions at multiple institutions.
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Dental schools participating in AADSAS will report to AADSAS by May 1, the names and identification numbers of candidates who have paid a deposit and/or hold a position in their entering class. After May 5, AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in their entering class who are holding acceptance(s) at additional institutions. Dental schools will have the option of rescinding an offer of admission to candidates who have paid deposits and are holding positions at multiple institutions. Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on May 1of the year of admission will give such candidates a minimum 15-day notice if they choose to withdraw them from the entering class. This policy will be evaluated every two years by the ADEA Section of Dental School Admissions Officers to assess its impact on applicants and dental schools and provide applicants a reasonable time-frame to complete their enrollment process. .
[FONT=Arial,Arial].
[FONT=Arial,Arial]According to this the schools first have to notify double deposit students.

Just because a spot opens it doesnt mean the waitlist moves automatically. There may still be some consideration instead of simply just a numeric waitlist.

I am #1 on Meharry waitlist since April 16, there has not been any movement. Do you think I still have a chance. Should I just prepare myself for the next cycle.

According to AADSAS...

Applicants holding positions at multiple institutions. [FONT=Arial,Arial]Dental schools participating in AADSAS will report to AADSAS by May 1, the names and identification numbers of candidates who have paid a deposit and/or hold a position in their entering class. After May 5, AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in their entering class who are holding acceptance(s) at additional institutions. Dental schools will have the option of rescinding an offer of admission to candidates who have paid deposits and are holding positions at multiple institutions. Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on May 1of the year of admission will give such candidates a minimum 15-day notice if they choose to withdraw them from the entering class. This policy will be evaluated every two years by the ADEA Section of Dental School Admissions Officers to assess its impact on applicants and dental schools and provide applicants a reasonable time-frame to complete their enrollment process. .

[FONT=Arial,Arial]According to this the schools first have to notify double deposit students..

wow minimum of 15 days? all these earlier posts from people made it sound like a max so basically even double deposits could hold up spots until the end of the summer since there's no set date that schools have to force people to choose since this is only a minimum.

wow minimum of 15 days? all these earlier posts from people made it sound like a max so basically even double deposits could hold up spots until the end of the summer since there's no set date that schools have to force people to choose since this is only a minimum.
I'm pretty sure they will do it sooner than later. At Columbia the school rep said not only would you be dropped, but your name would be remembered (infering a blacklist).

I'm pretty sure they will do it sooner than later. At Columbia the school rep said not only would you be dropped, but your name would be remembered (infering a blacklist).

Oooooooooo scary big bad wolf

There should also be some movement because some schools simply have not filled their classes yet. USC is notorious for filling their seats late so, as they accept students, other schools will have seats open up. I saw a couple people leave NYU in favor of USC last week so, assuming NYU wasn't overenrolled, there could be a couple seats opening up for their waitlist. In the case of a person with multiple acceptances, a move on one waitlist can result in a domino affect on other waitlists.

Oooooooooo scary big bad wolf
???
Well I suppose if you have your acceptance and don't care, then go ahead and burn your bridges. But if you ever need these schools again (specialty?) you might want to be more considerate.