Doubt In Physio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotadoit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To which of the following is Ach not released?
1- sympathetic terminal to the heart.
2- sympathetic terminal to the adrenal medulla.

:scared: I juz dont get it.. the ans key says its 1. but sympathetic to the effector uses nor epinephrine EXCEPT sweat glands and skeletal muscles.
Pls explain.. thanx

Members don't see this ad.

To which of the following is Ach not released?
1- sympathetic terminal to the heart.
2- sympathetic terminal to the adrenal medulla.

:scared: I juz dont get it.. the ans key says its 1. but sympathetic to the effector uses nor epinephrine EXCEPT sweat glands and skeletal muscles.
Pls explain.. thanx

u answered it yourself.. the symp activity on the heart uses adregnic nurons to increase contractility and heart rate..
skeletal muscle and sweat glands are not found in the heart..

In the autonomic nervous system all preganglionic fibers are cholinergic (use acetylcholine). The fibers going to the adrenal medulla are preganglionic and the adrenal medulla cells are basically postganglionic nervous cells.

The sympathetic innervation to the heart is via postganglionic fibers.... so they would use epi/norepi.

It can be a tricky question in that you need to know that the adrenal medulla is innervated by preganglionic sympathetics and NOT postganglionic fibers.

hey there, u r right . thanx buddy. i juz completely forgot tat adrenal medulla has preganglionic innervation. :). thank u so much