Downward spiral-- 83 semester hours as my senior year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

101airborne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well this is quite distressing. Since I started college at my 4 year university, my grades have only progressed in a linear fashion upward, concluding my senior year with a 3.8 GPA.

However after entering EVERY class I have ever taken since high school, 12 years ago, including the AARTS transcripts from the military and correspondence courses I took in Iraq in '03 from a school that had a worthless DETC accreditation which no credits were accepted by my school, my grades are all over the place and it looks like a downward spiral since my sophomore year. My real freshman year is now my junior year and my senior year alone has 83 SEMESTER credit hours and assuming the undergrad GPA is counted as the first 120 hours, it puts my undergrad GPA at 3.2 and my cumulative at 3.57, that's a big difference. Counting my post bac, Im looking at 240 hours or so.

Am I the only one that has encountered this problem? I hope my application isnt thrown to the curb before i have a chance to explain.

Members don't see this ad.

Well this is quite distressing. Since I started college at my 4 year university, my grades have only progressed in a linear fashion upward, concluding my senior year with a 3.8 GPA.

However after entering EVERY class I have ever taken since high school, 12 years ago, including the AARTS transcripts from the military and correspondence courses I took in Iraq in '03 from a school that had a worthless DETC accreditation which no credits were accepted by my school, my grades are all over the place and it looks like a downward spiral since my sophomore year. My real freshman year is now my junior year and my senior year alone has 83 SEMESTER credit hours and assuming the undergrad GPA is counted as the first 120 hours, it puts my undergrad GPA at 3.2 and my cumulative at 3.57, that's a big difference. Counting my post bac, Im looking at 240 hours or so.

Am I the only one that has encountered this problem? I hope my application isnt thrown to the curb before i have a chance to explain.

If your cumGPA is a 3.5... you are fine. You are looking to much into this. You are military, school get you guys have it hard in school. Don't worry about it any further. You have a solid GPA and it doesn't matter how many hours you have. Friend of mine also military had well over 200 something hours 3.5 GPA and a 27 MCAT and he got into Florida State. Don't worry, be happy now.

I want to reiterate that several AdCom members on here suggest that military personnel have a significant advantage in the application process.

Members don't see this ad :)

Is this just undergraduate? Those are the grades that count.