Getting possible D+ or C- in senior year, does this significantly hurt my chances? 3.9 GPA

Started by beanpro
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

beanpro

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, so I'm in a pchem quantum mechanics course and it seems to be likely that I'll be earning a D+ or C- in this class. My GPA is high at 3.9 but I wasn't sure if this would be a major red flag if all of a sudden there is a D+/C- in my most recent grades. What's your thoughts?
 
Hi guys, so I'm in a pchem quantum mechanics course and it seems to be likely that I'll be earning a D+ or C- in this class. My GPA is high at 3.9 but I wasn't sure if this would be a major red flag if all of a sudden there is a D+/C- in my most recent grades. What's your thoughts?
It would raise an eyebrow, and you might get asked about it in interviews, but no, it won't hurt
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, so I'm in a pchem quantum mechanics course and it seems to be likely that I'll be earning a D+ or C- in this class. My GPA is high at 3.9 but I wasn't sure if this would be a major red flag if all of a sudden there is a D+/C- in my most recent grades. What's your thoughts?
You might luck out and get a reviewer or interviewer who understands that pchem is one of the most difficult courses you can take in undergrad and give you a pass. As @Goro mentioned above, it may just raise an eyebrow, and you'll need to provide a reason for the struggle, but more than likely if you have solid MCAT and your GPA stays above ~3.75, no one will care.