Would this be considered a downward trend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

junkie123

Reaction score
Hello, I am a little concerned over my science gpa trend. Freshmen 2.21, sophomore 3.24, Junior 3.70, Senior 3.60, Post-bacc 3.53. sGPA 3.2 and cGPA 3.27. Would this be a downward trend? I am currently studying for the mcat, and I got a 497 on my diagnostics. I have over 1000 hrs non clinical experience and 700 hrs clinical experience at the moment. My hope is to apply this upcoming cycle. I’m only aiming for DO schools, not because of my low gpa. Another thing, I’m taking bioinformatics at my university and I am aware aacomas does not count bioinformatics as science gpa, but my university has it under the biology department, do you guys think aacomas will still count it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well to answer your question, as not an adcom member, the trend doesn't look too hot as it's an n-shaped trend. I think people expect a bit greater improvement during graduate/post-bacc work. And when entering classes into your application, you should follow the guide set out by aacomas.

Reactions: 1 user
AACOMAS has its rules for classifying courses. You'll just have to see. But depending on the syllabus, bioinformatics doesn't really go into molecular biology mechanisms.

Reactions: 1 user
Focus on the MCAT and improving your practice scores as much as you can before the real test. For DO, the post-bacc GPA should still be fine.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello, I am a little concerned over my science gpa trend. Freshmen 2.21, sophomore 3.24, Junior 3.70, Senior 3.60, Post-bacc 3.53. sGPA 3.2 and cGPA 3.27. Would this be a downward trend? I am currently studying for the mcat, and I got a 497 on my diagnostics. I have over 1000 hrs non clinical experience and 700 hrs clinical experience at the moment. My hope is to apply this upcoming cycle. I’m only aiming for DO schools, not because of my low gpa.
Nope, not a downward trend.

Reactions: 1 users