Dozens charged in opioid case

Started by owlegrad
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

owlegrad

Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

I wish I had more details about the pharmacists charged. I guess that isn’t as interesting as the prostitution doctor or the dentist who pulled teeth just to write the scripts.
 
From my understanding, pharmacists are being charged for "accepting costly cash payments." Quoted from the article.
I never allow for cash payments of opioids scripts at #120 tablets or more. It is too suspicious...
And a hello to owlegrad. I remember when owlegrad proof read my personal statement for pharmacy school. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From my understanding, pharmacists are being charged for "accepting costly cash payments." Quoted from the article.
I never allow for cash payments of opioids scripts at #120 tablets or more. It is too suspicious...
And a hello to owlegrad. I remember when owlegrad proof read my personal statement for pharmacy school. 🙂
He wrote my recommendation letter.

It was sealed, so I didn't realize it just said

"To whom it may concern,


Ayyyyyy let this nerd in lmaooooo"
 
I can't see the article, since I don't subscribe the WSJ. Sounds like it is short on details anyway. I am curious of course, were these pharmacists really ignoring red flags just for money? Or are they in trouble for filling legitimated prescriptions, just because we are now in a anti-opioid time period. There are legitimate pain patients who don't have insurance (or have one of those insurance plans were you have to pay up front and then submit for reimbursement.) Granted these are a minority, but since every state except backwards MO has a narco look-up, it makes it easy to find pharmacy/doctor hoppers.
 
From my understanding, pharmacists are being charged for "accepting costly cash payments." Quoted from the article.
I never allow for cash payments of opioids scripts at #120 tablets or more. It is too suspicious...
And a hello to owlegrad. I remember when owlegrad proof read my personal statement for pharmacy school. 🙂
Many insurance companies only pay for a 7 day supply of opioids leading to patients electing to pay the cash price for the whole script.
 

I wish I had more details about the pharmacists charged. I guess that isn’t as interesting as the prostitution doctor or the dentist who pulled teeth just to write the scripts.
Well at least this is good news for saturation. New job openings guys! also possibly more demand for a pharmacist in a prison to dispense meds