DPM/MBA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tropicalstudent

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I have the possibility of obtaining a MBA in Health Administration for no cost through tuition reimbursement through my job. I just wanted to gauge if it will give me an edge it in terms of future job prospects for podiatrists in private practice. I know I would be pretty happy in being a run-of-the-mill podiatrist, but I am curious if it will give me an edge in private practice and or "executive positions" in hospitals.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone

I have the possibility of obtaining a MBA in Health Administration for no cost through tuition reimbursement through my job. I just wanted to gauge if it will give me an edge it in terms of future job prospects for podiatrists in private practice. I know I would be pretty happy in being a run-of-the-mill podiatrist, but I am curious if it will give me an edge in private practice and or "executive positions" in hospitals.

If it's free and you have the desire to do it... No it can't hurt. An MBA is valuable even without a doctorate in some form of medicine.

It won't make you more valuable to podiatry practices as an associate - they are looking for a warm body to bring in money, but if you end up with your own place it may help knowing more aspects of business.

Hospital admin positions requiring MBAs usually are looking for people who are only MBAs to do that job. This would be a salary cut. If you are looking for like a chief of staff position I would doubt it would help.

But it's free and it may help so why not? Those programs are only a year anyway.

Reactions: 1 user