DPMS 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that got interview requests... does it display on the discover website too? So if you didn’t get the email, should you be able to check there too?
I got the email saying I was invited for an interview but also in my portal it was displayed.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the summer schedule is like? I know that at least some of the classes are online. I'm currently living in NYC and my lease isn't up until August and so I'm wondering if it would be feasible to drive the hour and a half for in-person classes. I'm interviewing on Monday (4/29) btw so if anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it!

This would be a great question to ask the program director. I don’t think it’s that feasible to do though. While classes are online, we will be doing lots of in person things throughout the week. They do provide free housing for the summer so it’s not like you have to pay for two leases at once

Reactions: 1 user
I’m seriously considering attending this program should I be accepted. However, I’m currently doing a year of service and will not be done till the end of August. How realistic is it to work during the summer portion of this program?

I would reach out to Ms. Hill and ask her this question! I know they’re planning on changing the summer term but I’m not sure how yet

Congratulations, can you please give an idea of what to expect at the interview?
Thanks
Thank you! As for what to except at the interview, it’s hard to say completely since those of us that were interviewed all had different interviewers. However, the best way to be prepared is to go about it as if it was a traditional med school interview. This means know your application inside and out, be knowledgeable about current events in healthcare, strengths and weaknesses, etc. While not all of this did not apply to my interview, that does not necessarily mean it won’t apply to yours. I recommend using resources such as Princeton review or other prep websites for questions that are typically asked in interviews. I used this site 50 Common Medical School Interview Questions Please PM me if you have any questions, if I feel it can benefit everyone I’ll post it in the forum. Good luck to everyone, please don’t give up hope! We’re almost there :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who has gotten an interview invite!!! Super excited for you all!

Does anyone know the minute details of the deadline? i.e. does our portal need to be complete or does the office just need to receive all materials by 5/1 for our application to be reviewed?

I'm getting a little antsy as my portal is not updating and they aren't responding to me.... Thanks!

Also, what does the Transcript Evaluation (Course by Course) mean? It just popped up on my portal

How are you all entering the BCPM courses that you are currently enrolled in? Do they even go in that calculation?

How are you all entering the BCPM courses that you are currently enrolled in? Do they even go in that calculation?
Called Thelicia (i think that’s her name) about this when I was filling out mine.. put grades that are officially on your transcript. If others are needed they’ll ask.

I included all of my classes in the BPMS form and then for the non-science ones I didn’t check off B,P,M,S. Thought it calculated both science gpa and overall... should I call to see if I can change it or did anyone else do that to?

Question for current students, if you are placed on track 2 and don’t have to do the MCAT prep course, are the other pass/fail courses considered in your GPA? So for instance, Neurobiology of Mental Illness is 4.5 credit hrs and is pass fail, so if you passed this would you calculate this into your GPA as passing this class with a 4.0?

Members don't see this ad :)
Question for current students, if you are placed on track 2 and don’t have to do the MCAT prep course, are the other pass/fail courses considered in your GPA? So for instance, Neurobiology of Mental Illness is 4.5 credit hrs and is pass fail, so if you passed this would you calculate this into your GPA as passing this class with a 4.0?

They are pass fail but do not contribute to the 3.2 gpa. So in order to make contract you need a 3.2 gpa in your core classes (the one that everyone takes) and then pass the additional classes. Track one needs a 3.2 and get a certain score on their mcat.

Reactions: 2 users
I included all of my classes in the BPMS form and then for the non-science ones I didn’t check off B,P,M,S. Thought it calculated both science gpa and overall... should I call to see if I can change it or did anyone else do that to?

I would probably just give Ms. Hill a call and see what she advises

For those of you concerned about applying in early Jan/Feb and not getting an interview, Hope is not lost!

I completed February 25th and just got an interview today! My interview is May 13th at 9am!

Does anyone know how many people typically get invited to interview?

For those of you concerned about applying in early Jan/Feb and not getting an interview, Hope is not lost!

I completed February 25th and just got an interview today! My interview is May 13th at 9am!

Congrats did you get an email of II or you found out on the portal?

Received an II today!! (complete on 01/28/2019), any advice regarding the interview? :)

Was it a one hour general discussion, ... would love some insight on the type of interview they conduct!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if there is a delay in portal updates with LOR? My letter writer has emailed my letter twice now in the last week, and no update on the portal. Unable to reach anyone in admissions either.

Does anyone know if there is a delay in portal updates with LOR? My letter writer has emailed my letter twice now in the last week, and no update on the portal. Unable to reach anyone in admissions either.

There's definitely some sort of a delay. I sent my LOR through Interfolio on 4/28/19 and it got updated in my portal today! Make sure your writer is sending it to [email protected] and call them (I think Thelicia Hill is the appropriate contact?) to make sure that they have received the letter.

She also confirmed with me that as long as materials are sent to the inbox by 5/1/19, they will accept the materials.

Just got my mcat and it’s a 494. sGPA is a 3.2, overall GPA 3.4. So I still have a chance?

Just got my mcat and it’s a 494. sGPA is a 3.2, overall GPA 3.4. So I still have a chance?

Honestly, there's only one way to find out, and that's by applying and seeing what the admission committee says. The only sure thing is that you won't get into DPMS if you don't apply. If you have applied, update DPMS, and see what happens. I know you may not like your MCAT score, and it's normal to feel hopeless at our what we perceive as low points. Just remember that this can be a jump off point for excellence. You can truly do this, and the way to get there is by being positive, reflecting on your past efforts and making the small adjustments that will lead to success, and also continue being active in your activities.

Also, please please please remember to show yourself self-compassion and self-love. It's essential to build this often forgotten skill because it's so easy to beat ourselves up and treat ourselves like machines when we are human like the people we want to serve.

Reactions: 7 users

I'm also having this problem. Sent them through Interfolio a few days ago and it's not showing up???

I'm also having this problem. Sent them through Interfolio a few days ago and it's not showing up???

My professor sent in her LOR yesterday and we both got a confirmation from the portal immediately after, so I’m not sure if you’re having a delay..

My other two LORs were updated on portal a day after my professors submitted them.

My professor sent in her LOR yesterday and we both got a confirmation from the portal immediately after, so I’m not sure if you’re having a delay..

My other two LORs were updated on portal a day after my professors submitted them.

Did you send it through Interfolio or did they directly send it to [email protected]? My last two aren't updating in the portal as well...

Anyone BCPM not updating even though you’ve submitted the form???

Did you send it through Interfolio or did they directly send it to [email protected]? My last two aren't updating in the portal as well...

I was informed by the last prof that she received a link to submit the LOR. None of mine were through interfolio though so maybe it has something to do with interfolio giving all of you guys the delay.

Did you submit your scores. I got mine today as well, submitted but has not appeared as received. Getting nervous.

Did you submit your scores. I got mine today as well, submitted but has not appeared as received. Getting nervous.

It might take a couple of days for it to be marked as received -- I spoke to Ms. Hill about this yesterday and she said as long as you release it before midnight tonight, you will be good! I think they have to go into the system and mark it as received so it might take them awhile. This is a busy time for them, they have DPMS application due (she told me it's about they get about 700-900 apps) and graduation is right around the corner, so if you don't immediately hear back that is why! Let me know if I can help any other way :)

Can you send additional materials after your application has been submitted? I.e. updated resume

Can you send additional materials after your application has been submitted? I.e. updated resume

I’m not sure how to do it, since it’s due tonight at midnight I don’t think you can. You can always call Ms. Hill or anyone in that office tomorrow and seeing if you can update it

It might take a couple of days for it to be marked as received -- I spoke to Ms. Hill about this yesterday and she said as long as you release it before midnight tonight, you will be good! I think they have to go into the system and mark it as received so it might take them awhile. This is a busy time for them, they have DPMS application due (she told me it's about they get about 700-900 apps) and graduation is right around the corner, so if you don't immediately hear back that is why! Let me know if I can help any other way :)

You were told they got 700-900 this year? Does this mean they’ll be offering more interviews or just that they’ll have to be more stingy with II’s. Do you have any insight on how many people are getting interviewed?

You were told they got 700-900 this year? Does this mean they’ll be offering more interviews or just that they’ll have to be more stingy with II’s. Do you have any insight on how many people are getting interviewed?

Every year they get around that number actually. I was informed that they give about 120 interviews for about 45 slots!

Every year they get around that number actually. I was informed that they give about 120 interviews for about 45 slots!

Awesome! Thank you for that information! Knowing the stats a little more makes the interview much more exciting! About a 37% chance of getting accepted after an interview makes everything seem much more possible! I appreciate this!

• Love
I got a 494 also. Feeling so devastated. I was scoring around 505 when I took practice exams. More devastated seeing low scores for my strongest sections during practice exams.

I got a 494 also. Feeling so devastated. I was scoring around 505 when I took practice exams. More devastated seeing low scores for my strongest sections during practice exams.
I know this is the last thing you want to hear. But you’re alive and full of life. It’s not over for you unless you say so. Apply and see what happens. We got this!

Reactions: 3 users
Ugh. Ok midnight here in MA and no turning back. Good luck everyone!

Awesome! Thank you for that information! Knowing the stats a little more makes the interview much more exciting! About a 37% chance of getting accepted after an interview makes everything seem much more possible! I appreciate this!

Also even though there are 45 spots in the program, they’ll realistically send one a couple more due to some people inevitably rejecting the offer so thinking 55/120 is not unlikely. That’s 45.8%!

FYI - all materials will be processed by EOB (5PM EST) on Friday, 5/3. They want us to wait until then to call and check on the status of our applications!

Good luck!

Hi everyone, any news about iv or acceptances?
It seems like none has gotten any interviews since last week!!

From what I've heard, they send acceptances out around May 25th. No news is good news at this point if you've already interviewed.

There’s interviews happening this week, I would know since I’m involved in the process lol. The admission committee meets once a week. This week they are meeting to discuss all of the current DPMSer who will be matriculating into the med school. So maybe next week is when they will do DPMS? Acceptances last year went out May 25 and June 15th (not what the website states) so I would just say try to keep your mind active and not obsess over this, which I know it’s almost near impossible

There’s interviews happening this week, I would know since I’m involved in the process lol. The admission committee meets once a week. This week they are meeting to discuss all of the current DPMSer who will be matriculating into the med school. So maybe next week is when they will do DPMS? Acceptances last year went out May 25 and June 15th (not what the website states) so I would just say try to keep your mind active and not obsess over this, which I know it’s almost near impossible
The problem is that I did not hear back from them since my application was complete on 04/23. I think I was late in my application but I only heard about this program from my premed advisor around that time :(:(.

From what I've heard, they send acceptances out around May 25th. No news is good news at this point if you've already interviewed.
Yeah, u r right but I did not get any interview invitation from them till now so I guess I do not have luck this year unfortunately. :cryi: