DPMS 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all, quick question! For those of you currently taking classes that are science/math related did you include those in the bcpm calculator? I won’t have the grades until after the deadline but I have a fairly good idea of what i will make in each.. and It improves my overall gpa as well so I didn’t want to leave them out.
I could not find the BCPM thing on the application. Do they email it to you?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! For those that received interview requests, how long were your essays?

Thanks the the information guys!! Also, will summer be mostly online as well?

Hey everyone! I received an interview invite earlier today via email. I was complete 4/3. Good luck to everyone!
Hey guys! For those that received interview requests, how long were your essays?
Both of my essays were about a page and a half.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! I received an interview invite earlier today via email. I was complete 4/3. Good luck to everyone!

Both of my essays were about a page and a half.
Congrats ! Would you mind sharing stats ?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else apply back in January or February and haven't heard anything at all?

What do I do if my reccs aren't in..... I'm getting stressed... lol

Anyways, does anyone know who I can contact if I want to update one of my essays? Should I email [email protected]? I can no longer update it in the Discover Drexel portal! Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Anyways, does anyone know who I can contact if I want to update one of my essays? Should I email [email protected]? I can no longer update it in the Discover Drexel portal! Thanks!!
I don’t think you can change them once submitted...what kind of update are you trying to do exactly?

In the same boat with the rec letters D: only waiting on one more and planning to send out a reminder at the end of this week!

As for the essays, I was wondering the same thing since the application made it seem like I could edit after I submitted but I never could.

Can someone please describe how a typical interview day goes?
Is it just one on one or will there be any MMI?
Thanks

Hey guys! Is there a word/page limit to the personal statement and DPMS essay? I'm at about 2 pages for my personal statement and was wondering if i should cut it down? Thanks!

Hey guys! Is there a word/page limit to the personal statement and DPMS essay? I'm at about 2 pages for my personal statement and was wondering if i should cut it down? Thanks!

There’s technically no word/character limit for either. For the personal statement, I followed the character count that AMCAS has for their personal statement, and my DPMS essay was just over a page single space.

Hey guys! How long did it take for the system to say that your application was complete? My things are all in but on the application status it still shows some things being incomplete?

Hey guys! How long did it take for the system to say that your application was complete? My things are all in but on the application status it still shows some things being incomplete?
A few mins. Refresh or log out

I APPLIED IN February and I am still waiting on some good news

I submitted my application in March. My last LOR was uploaded Sunday and I was shown to be complete Monday morning. Hoping I get an interview. I interviewed for an MD-MPH at upstate- waiting to hear back on that.

For those who have applied previously, when is the latest we could receive an II and/or hear back at all?

The website says interviews through May 24th, so I’m assuming that’s the last day?

I applied late March, got the interview earlier this week (it was in my spam folder, so make sure to check!).
If anyone is going in for an interview next week, feel free to DM me

Interview invite today, complete 04/22/19. WOO I'm stoked and I woudn't have to retake the MCAT yee boi

Reactions: 2 users
I'm pissed off. I could have completed on the same day but someone messed up one of my transcripts and it is still not received by the office yet. All of my other materials have been in a few days ago
:beat:
[/QUOTE}
Same, I suspected it would take a while for them to get the transcript which is why i requested that in Feb. It took weeks for one of my transcripts to be received.

Are interviews sent in order ? Complete late March but have not heard back :(

It seems like they are. I was complete early April and have heard nothing back. I honestly just wish programs would send rejections as they go through the apps. What’s the point of having us sitting around with false hope? It’s ridiculous

Reactions: 1 users
It seems like they are. I was complete early April and have heard nothing back. I honestly just wish programs would send rejections as they go through the apps. What’s the point of having us sitting around with false hope? It’s ridiculous
I was complete 04/22/19 and got an II today. Very quick turn around it appears.

I was complete 04/22/19 and got an II today. Very quick turn around it appears.
That’s why I assume they are going in order. I was complete the 12th and haven’t heard anything. If they don’t want to interview me then send the rejection. I think it’s ridiculous that they make people wait around for rejection letters

I applied late March, got the interview earlier this week (it was in my spam folder, so make sure to check!).
If anyone is going in for an interview next week, feel free to DM me

Applied early March, received interview Apr. 18, but now seeing it because it was in my spam folder. I am interviewing May 6, because all dates was booked.

Do you mean there is no interview seat left? I am still waiting for my application completed
I have no idea about the interview seats. However, they gave 4 days to schedule an interview and because i didn't see my spam folder on time, the next available date was May 6.

Do you mean there is no interview seat left? I am still waiting for my application completed
If they stick to the timeline on the website, they should be offering interviews up until at least May 24th. I think in previous years they've extended interviews beyond that date though.

I don’t think you can change them once submitted...what kind of update are you trying to do exactly?

I made a pretty extensive revision to my original essay and would like to update it to my most recent draft!

In the same boat with the rec letters D: only waiting on one more and planning to send out a reminder at the end of this week!

As for the essays, I was wondering the same thing since the application made it seem like I could edit after I submitted but I never could.

@dudubird05 Good luck with your LORs!!! I really hope it comes through. All of mine just confirmed with me! As for re-submitting the essay, I was told to email Steven Rodgers in graduate admissions at [email protected]!

Ok, thank you. I feel the website says they don't do rolling admission, but it also says decisions will be given out at the beginning of May. I am just confused a bit cus mine is still not completed because one transcript is missing
They say they review every application that is complete by the deadline, so as long as you have everything in by then you should be okay.

Can someone share what the subject line to the interview invite email is? I want to set up a filter for my email! Thanks!

Can someone share what the subject line to the interview invite email is? I want to set up a filter for my email! Thanks!

The subject line for me was: DPMS program at Drexel
Vague enough to make your heart skip a beat.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm pissed off. I could have completed on the same day but someone messed up one of my transcripts and it is still not received by the office yet. All of my other materials have been in a few days ago
:beat:

I had this happen to me last year also. Please don't worry and stress yourself out. As long as you're completed by the deadline, you will be given a holistic review. I would suggest calling the Pre-medical & Pre-health office and ask for Thelicia Hill, the DPMS academic administrator, at 215.762.4692. Also, I would email [email protected] also to have a paper trail indicating you've contacted them. I did both of these things, and my application was completed soon after.

The admission committee will send a handful of dates to choose from when they invite you to interview. I recommend reserving your spot quickly on your desired date because dates can fill up. That does not mean that there aren't interview seat or more dates available. You can always call the same number above if the dates given to you don't work. The office staff are very understanding and will try their best to work with you.

If they stick to the timeline on the website, they should be offering interviews up until at least May 24th. I think in previous years they've extended interviews beyond that date though.

Last year, they did extend interview past the date indicated on the website, and they will truly try their best to give all applicants a fair shot.

I know this feeling very well. It's a very common feeling that almost every applicant to this program and medical school feels in general. I said this to a person who expressed the same frustration. I would try to be as patient as possible. I know that's easier said than done, but consider this practice for how things are always like when you're in med school. You apply a couple of months to a whole year ahead for most things such as away rotations, research opportunities, conferences, USMLE steps, and of course matching when you apply for residency programs.

It's hard and demoralizing at time, but just know that this was never an attempt to give you false hope. The one thing I felt when I was waiting during my med school application cycle, which I applied to 37 med schools and got accepted to none, was that I can control my time right now. I looked over my applications to see if I could improve some areas and did those activities in the mean time. So if you can continue to volunteer, do research, and work, you will always be improving with no time wasted ever.

I hope you and everyone who is feeling similarly will feel better after reading this! There is always hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I had this happen to me last year also. Please don't worry and stress yourself out. As long as you're completed by the deadline, you will be given a holistic review. I would suggest calling the Pre-medical & Pre-health office and ask for Thelicia Hill, the DPMS academic administrator, at 215.762.4692. Also, I would email [email protected] also to have a paper trail indicating you've contacted them. I did both of these things, and my application was completed soon after.

The admission committee will send a handful of dates to choose from when they invite you to interview. I recommend reserving your spot quickly on your desired date because dates can fill up. That does not mean that there aren't interview seat or more dates available. You can always call the same number above if the dates given to you don't work. The office staff are very understanding and will try their best to work with you.

Last year, they did extend interview past the date indicated on the website, and they will truly try their best to give all applicants a fair shot.

I know this feeling very well. It's a very common feeling that almost every applicant to this program and medical schools feel in general. I said this to a person who expressed the same frustration. I would try to be as patient as possible. I know that's easier said than done, but consider this practice for how things are always like when you're in med school. You apply a couple of months to a whole year ahead for most things such as away rotations, research opportunities, conferences, USMLE steps, and of course matching when you apply for residency programs.

It's hard and demoralizing at time, but just know that this was never an attempt to give you false hope. The one thing I felt when I was waiting during my med school application cycle, which I applied to 37 med schools and got accepted to none, was that I can control my time right now. I looked over my applications to see if I could improve some areas and did those activities in the mean time. So if you can continue to volunteer, do research, and work, you will always be improving with no time wasted ever.

I hope you and everyone who is feeling similarly will feel better after reading this! There is always hope.

I hope
Totally off subject but if I get into this program I hope you’re my MS1 buddy! You’ve been so genuine and informative, I wish I had more people like you in my life

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Totally off subject but if I get into this program I hope you’re my MS1 buddy! You’ve been so genuine and informative, I wish I had more people like you in my life

This truly made me very happy and my day. Thank you for the kind words, and I will definitely be not only a resource to help with your and everyone's success but a friend too.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
For those that got interview requests... does it display on the discover website too? So if you didn’t get the email, should you be able to check there too?

Does anyone know what the summer schedule is like? I know that at least some of the classes are online. I'm currently living in NYC and my lease isn't up until August and so I'm wondering if it would be feasible to drive the hour and a half for in-person classes. I'm interviewing on Monday (4/29) btw so if anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it!

For those that got interview requests... does it display on the discover website too? So if you didn’t get the email, should you be able to check there too?
For me personally I didn’t see anything about the interview until I scheduled it. Not sure if it is the same for everyone.

I’m seriously considering attending this program should I be accepted. However, I’m currently doing a year of service and will not be done till the end of August. How realistic is it to work during the summer portion of this program?