You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
DPT 2020-2021 Cycle Statistics
Started by kingh330
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey there! I also accepted the offer from CU anschutz. Looking forward to starting with you in JuneI have accepted an offer to University of Colorado - Anschutz!
-Seb
pandajessjess
Full Member
Ya
Yaaay more cohort buddies! Hmu on IG if you'd like to connect on socials @pandajessjess otherwise see you in four months 😁!!Hey there! I also accepted the offer from CU anschutz. Looking forward to starting with you in June
-Seb
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hbashevkin
Full Member
Has anyone heard from University of Puget Sound yet?
Fritzkreig
Full Member
Not yet! Should be sometime today.Has anyone heard from University of Puget Sound yet?
EDIT:
Just looked and they updated it to the first week of February.
hbashevkin
Full Member
Ah man yeah just saw that.Not yet! Should be sometime today.
EDIT:
Just looked and they updated it to the first week of February.
anderski13
New Member
Where do you get info on the timeline of admissions?Not yet! Should be sometime today.
EDIT:
Just looked and they updated it to the first week of February.
Fritzkreig
Full Member
On their student portal that they sent out a few weeks ago: Puget Sound Shibboleth Identity Provider - LoginWhere do you get info on the timeline of admissions?
anderski13
New Member
Thank you! I am not sure why I did not think of that. Cheers!
Fritzkreig
Full Member
Waitlisted! I’m taking myself off.Thank you! I am not sure why I did not think of that. Cheers!
i also was waitlisted but declined. got into my top choice already! good luck y’all 🙂Waitlisted! I’m taking myself off.
Fritzkreig
Full Member
Which school was that? 😁i also was waitlisted but declined. got into my top choice already! good luck y’all 🙂
I was accepted to UPS & declined admission (I’ll be attending CU anschutz). 🙂Waitlisted! I’m taking myself off.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CU anschutz- where are you heading?Which school was that? 😁
Fritzkreig
Full Member
Eastern Washington! Good luck everyone!CU anschutz- where are you heading?
I'm a non-traditional student, changing careers as part of my mid-life crisis. Wish me luck!
University: Florida State University
Major: Music
Overall GPA: 3.67 (includes my graduate work getting a JD); undergraduate GPA is 3.80 (law school was a mistake!)
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
LORs: 1 PT, 1 Prof, 1 supervisor
GRE: 322 (Q - 157; V - 165); AWA - 4.5
Work: practiced law full-time for more than 10 years. During that time, I had various side hustles when time permitted, mostly teaching piano lessons and group fitness classes (Pilates and indoor cycling) a couple times a week.
Observation Hours: ~45 outpatient. I started doing observations around February-March 2020, so I was not able to do much before COVID-19 lockdowns set in.
Volunteer experience: mentoring and childcare through church; tutoring at a local elementary school.
Applications: Georgia State University; Emory University; Mercer University; University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Waitlisted: n/a
Rejections: University of Alabama at Birmingham (I had not finished enough pre-reqs).
Interviews: Georgia State (10/2020); Mercer University (11/15/2020 - declined); Emory University (1/8/2021)
Acceptances: Georgia State University (10/26/2020); Emory University (2/3/2021).
I'm starting at Georgia State in June! I'm very pleased with the Emory acceptance, but at this point in my life, I can't justify paying their tuition.
University: Florida State University
Major: Music
Overall GPA: 3.67 (includes my graduate work getting a JD); undergraduate GPA is 3.80 (law school was a mistake!)
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
LORs: 1 PT, 1 Prof, 1 supervisor
GRE: 322 (Q - 157; V - 165); AWA - 4.5
Work: practiced law full-time for more than 10 years. During that time, I had various side hustles when time permitted, mostly teaching piano lessons and group fitness classes (Pilates and indoor cycling) a couple times a week.
Observation Hours: ~45 outpatient. I started doing observations around February-March 2020, so I was not able to do much before COVID-19 lockdowns set in.
Volunteer experience: mentoring and childcare through church; tutoring at a local elementary school.
Applications: Georgia State University; Emory University; Mercer University; University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Waitlisted: n/a
Rejections: University of Alabama at Birmingham (I had not finished enough pre-reqs).
Interviews: Georgia State (10/2020); Mercer University (11/15/2020 - declined); Emory University (1/8/2021)
Acceptances: Georgia State University (10/26/2020); Emory University (2/3/2021).
I'm starting at Georgia State in June! I'm very pleased with the Emory acceptance, but at this point in my life, I can't justify paying their tuition.
hbashevkin
Full Member
Alternate list at UW. Anyone else get their responses from them?
Fritzkreig
Full Member
Yes!Alternate list at UW. Anyone else get their responses from them?
Waitlisted as well.
hbashevkin
Full Member
Do you have any idea what the chances are of getting off the waitlist? I feel like they waitlist most applicantsYes!
Waitlisted as well.
Fritzkreig
Full Member
I do not! I would check out last year’s UW DPT thread. I will be turning down my waitlist position, so hopefully it helps you and anyone else hoping to get it.
forums.studentdoctor.net
forums.studentdoctor.net
University of Washington 21-2024
Hello, Didn't see a specific one for UW or washington state schools. Curious if anyone has heard back from UW yet? I know it said end of jan - earlier feb but was curious if anyone heard anything more specific. Last couple years people have told me they heard the 31st or 1st.
University of Washington DPT 2020 Applicants (Class of 2023)
Hey guys, since no one started a thread for this cycle yet, I thought I would make one for all UW applicants. UW DPT admission sent out an email in mid-Jan notifying us that they would email us the status notification in mid-Feb. Have any of you gotten any updates yet? Also, if you do not mind...
I know several students in the past few years who got off the waitlist. I would be hopeful but it could also take a while. I know someone who got in like a few weeks before school started. Good luck!Do you have any idea what the chances are of getting off the waitlist? I feel like they waitlist most applicants
Fritzkreig
Full Member
Did you get in?I know several students in the past few years who got off the waitlist. I would be hopeful but it could also take a while. I know someone who got in like a few weeks before school started. Good luck!
letsdothispts
Full Member
Has anyone heard back from Sacramento State yet? I know they said we’d hear back by two weeks after the interview but in the past years they’ve gotten back to applicants after a week
mad.dpt
Full Member
Final Update: Attending Arcadia!Good luck, everyone!
Undergrad: Temple University (2018)
Major: Acting
cGPA: 3.81
pGPA: 3.80
GRE: V 154/ Q 153/4.5
Employment:
Career change so 2 years post grad experience working in theatre education full time. Extensive experience in theaters and school districts.
Volunteer:
Outpatient Orthopedic PT
Extracurriculars:
Leadership in: honors Greek life, student tun theatre programming, membership in various others
Observation Hours:
63 completed, 100 planned
LOR:
(1) PT
(2) PT / DPT professor
(3) Biology Professor
(4) Employer
(5) Major Professor
Applied to: Arcadia (both cohorts), Temple, Drexel, Jefferson, University of Delaware, Stockton
Interviews: Temple (10/9), Drexel (11/19), Jefferson (1/14)
Acceptances: Temple (10/19), Drexel (12/4), Jefferson (1/15), Arcadia Hybrid (1/26), Arcadia Residential (2/4)
Rejections: Stockton; UDel (applied too late to be reviewed. Application submitted 9/12).
cxm98
Full Member
University: Arcadia University (Spring 2020)
Major: Sport Psychology, minor in Spanish
cGPA: 3.6
pGPA: 3.44
GRE: V 154, Q 159, AW 4.0
OB: outpatient: 304 completed, 2000 in progress at time of application (working as an aide)
OB: inpatient: 208 completed
LOR: 1 dpt, 1 major prof, 1 minor prof
Applied to: Chatham 8/16, Pitt 8/16, Scranton 8/16, Drexel 8/16, Jefferson 8/16, Arcadia (residential) 8/23, Temple 9/23
Interviews: Drexel 9/3, Chatham 11/7, Temple 11/20, Jefferson 12/3
Waitlist: Pitt 11/25, Jefferson 12/15
Acceptances: Drexel 9/25, Chatham 11/25, Temple 12/4, Arcadia 12/8, Jefferson 1/5, Pitt 3/4
Rejections: Scranton 2/12
Attending: University of Pittsburgh!
Major: Sport Psychology, minor in Spanish
cGPA: 3.6
pGPA: 3.44
GRE: V 154, Q 159, AW 4.0
OB: outpatient: 304 completed, 2000 in progress at time of application (working as an aide)
OB: inpatient: 208 completed
LOR: 1 dpt, 1 major prof, 1 minor prof
Applied to: Chatham 8/16, Pitt 8/16, Scranton 8/16, Drexel 8/16, Jefferson 8/16, Arcadia (residential) 8/23, Temple 9/23
Interviews: Drexel 9/3, Chatham 11/7, Temple 11/20, Jefferson 12/3
Waitlist: Pitt 11/25, Jefferson 12/15
Acceptances: Drexel 9/25, Chatham 11/25, Temple 12/4, Arcadia 12/8, Jefferson 1/5, Pitt 3/4
Rejections: Scranton 2/12
Attending: University of Pittsburgh!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How was Army Baylor's interview?Hi everyone! Wishing all of you the best luck with applications and acceptances!
Undergrad: North Greenville University
Major: Health Science with Exercise Science concentration
cGPA: 4.0
pGPA: 4.0
GRE: 156V/160Q/5AW
Employment: Church intern
References:
2 professors
2 PTs
1 professional reference (pastor)
Observation Hours: 250.75 total hours
Private outpatient clinic-76.75 hours
Outpatient, hospital affiliated clinic-98.5 hours
In patient skilled nursing facility-24 hours
In patient rehabilitation hospital-24 hours
In patient hospital acute care- 27.5 hours
Volunteer:
Tutor for science classes for 3 years at my institution. Active Church volunteer. Soup kitchen volunteer in community for over 4 years.
Extracurriculars:
Highschool and collegiate varsity cross country and track athlete. Author of research at institution. Currently working on my Honors thesis and research. Part of Health Science club.
Achievements:
Female Scholar Athlete of the Year Award (2020)
Elite 23 Award for both cross country and track
Dean's list every semester
Certifications: BLS and CPR
Applied: Anderson University, Army Baylor DPT, Baylor DPT, USC, WCU, South College, ETSU
Accepted: South College
Interviews: Army Baylor (Oct. 1)
Congrats! What led you to decide on Pitt? I'm also considering a bunch of the same schools you applied to!University: Arcadia University (Spring 2020)
Major: Sport Psychology, minor in Spanish
cGPA: 3.6
pGPA: 3.44
GRE: V 154, Q 159, AW 4.0
OB: outpatient: 304 completed, 2000 in progress at time of application (working as an aide)
OB: inpatient: 208 completed
LOR: 1 dpt, 1 major prof, 1 minor prof
Applied to: Chatham 8/16, Pitt 8/16, Scranton 8/16, Drexel 8/16, Jefferson 8/16, Arcadia (residential) 8/23, Temple 9/23
Interviews: Drexel 9/3, Chatham 11/7, Temple 11/20, Jefferson 12/3
Waitlist: Pitt 11/25, Jefferson 12/15
Acceptances: Drexel 9/25, Chatham 11/25, Temple 12/4, Arcadia 12/8, Jefferson 1/5, Pitt 3/4
Rejections: Scranton 2/12
Attending: University of Pittsburgh!
mad.dpt
Full Member
Omg congrats!!!University: Arcadia University (Spring 2020)
Major: Sport Psychology, minor in Spanish
cGPA: 3.6
pGPA: 3.44
GRE: V 154, Q 159, AW 4.0
OB: outpatient: 304 completed, 2000 in progress at time of application (working as an aide)
OB: inpatient: 208 completed
LOR: 1 dpt, 1 major prof, 1 minor prof
Applied to: Chatham 8/16, Pitt 8/16, Scranton 8/16, Drexel 8/16, Jefferson 8/16, Arcadia (residential) 8/23, Temple 9/23
Interviews: Drexel 9/3, Chatham 11/7, Temple 11/20, Jefferson 12/3
Waitlist: Pitt 11/25, Jefferson 12/15
Acceptances: Drexel 9/25, Chatham 11/25, Temple 12/4, Arcadia 12/8, Jefferson 1/5, Pitt 3/4
Rejections: Scranton 2/12
Attending: University of Pittsburgh!
chance.dpt
Full Member
University: Penn State Scranton
Major: Biology
cGPA: 3.75
pGPA: 3.7
GRE: V 156 Q 151 AW 4.5
Observation: 100 outpatient, 50 inpatient
Applied: Arcadia, Alvernia, Temple, Widener, Thomas Jefferson, Scranton.
Accepted: Arcadia, Alvernia, Temple, Widener, Thomas Jefferson, Scranton
Attending: University of Scranton!
Major: Biology
cGPA: 3.75
pGPA: 3.7
GRE: V 156 Q 151 AW 4.5
Observation: 100 outpatient, 50 inpatient
Applied: Arcadia, Alvernia, Temple, Widener, Thomas Jefferson, Scranton.
Accepted: Arcadia, Alvernia, Temple, Widener, Thomas Jefferson, Scranton
Attending: University of Scranton!
MilitaryPre-PT
New Member
Looking to connect with anyone starting at the University of Puget Sound this fall, cohort 2024!
-Jena B
-Jena B
Why did you pick University of Scranton instead of Arcadia?University: Penn State Scranton
Major: Biology
cGPA: 3.75
pGPA: 3.7
GRE: V 156 Q 151 AW 4.5
Observation: 100 outpatient, 50 inpatient
Applied: Arcadia, Alvernia, Temple, Widener, Thomas Jefferson, Scranton.
Accepted: Arcadia, Alvernia, Temple, Widener, Thomas Jefferson, Scranton
Attending: University of Scranton!
Donia youssef
Full Member
Are you currently attending the hybrid or residential cohort at Arcadia? I have a few questions as I am thinking of picking their program!Final Update: Attending Arcadia!