Dr. Collins easier than real PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SClENCE

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'v spent around 2 hours with the biology study material and took one of the practice tests and got a 46/48 and finished the test in 12 minutes

I took the real PCAT around 2 years ago (admittedly before I took microbiology/biochemistry I & II) and only scored around a 65 percentile on the Biology section

I just feel like the questions were really easy... I feel like the real PCAT will be a lot harder and still feel like I'm not prepared

Any input? Or suggestions on topics to cover not in Collins?

The only thing I really had to look at was the endocrine system (glands/hormones) and refresh myself on the path of blood through the heart... everything else just seemed common sense and I feel like I'm missing something here

The only other thing I can think of is to go more in-depth with the A&P material and straight up start memorizing diseases (and their cause) along with random classification names of organisms

Were their any in-depth questions dealing with immunology/biochemistry? I feel like collins completely ignores these and even the A&P questions were somewhat lacking

Members don't see this ad.

Make sure you buy Pearson practice exams and that should let you know how bio is on the real deal.
Do all the Dr. collins test, imo I felt thee was an upward trend in "difficulty", but not really, it is just they tested more detail oriented things, which helped me study better.
I think the point of the pcat bio is they throw at you so many questions in a short time, you either know it or you dont scenerio..not too much time to sit there and ponder. That's how it felt anyways.

With that and 2 practice exams, in only 2 weeks, I scored 92 percentile on real thing. Not bad. So do all Dr. Collins tests and practice exams, and thats should gauge it.

Make sure you buy Pearson practice exams and that should let you know how bio is on the real deal.
Do all the Dr. collins test, imo I felt thee was an upward trend in "difficulty", but not really, it is just they tested more detail oriented things, which helped me study better.
I think the point of the pcat bio is they throw at you so many questions in a short time, you either know it or you dont scenerio..not too much time to sit there and ponder. That's how it felt anyways.

With that and 2 practice exams, in only 2 weeks, I scored 92 percentile on real thing. Not bad. So do all Dr. Collins tests and practice exams, and thats should gauge it.

Yeah I'v been scoring really good on the Collin's bio and I did buy the Peasron tests and scored about the same, which is good

With chem on the other hand I have scored 38/50, 42/50, 40/50 39/50, 40/50 on the Collins that I have taken so far and only got around 75 percentile on the Pearson test despite me spending 3x more time on Chem. I'm consistent but not where I want to be