Dr. Collins Self Study vs. Dr. Collins Live Study ( Classes )

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brocampo

Reaction score
For those who have either self studied or paid for the live study, how was your experience like? I've heard much good about Dr. Collins' test prep, but I want to know if the live study/class was worth the time and money. Also for those who self studied, what did your study schedule look like? Thank you in advanced.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who have either self studied or paid for the live study, how was your experience like? I've heard much good about Dr. Collins' test prep, but I want to know if the live study/class was worth the time and money. Also for those who self studied, what did your study schedule look like? Thank you in advanced.

I used the self study guides and exams. They were good enough because I was motivated and had a study schedule

Im taking the PCAT in july and have been studying since April 15. Study from 10am-8pm with 1 or 2 hours in there to eat. Using Dr. collins 2017 self study, cliffsnotes ap bio, all of chadsvideos chem videos, and kaplan for math, and whatever free pcat study sources i can find online.

I have to say, i really don't like the dr. collins review. The guides just assume you already know everything and am just reminding you of small things here and there to keep in mind. Also in the bio review there are many times where it says something like, "refer to page 18 of the bio review book..." but you can't really do that since you are reading this off the only bio review packet thats given. The rest are just practice exams. Use dr. collins study guide for practice only. Don't rely on this to actually study if you forgot a lot of things.

Reactions: 1 users
Im taking the PCAT in july and have been studying since April 15. Study from 10am-8pm with 1 or 2 hours in there to eat. Using Dr. collins 2017 self study, cliffsnotes ap bio, all of chadsvideos chem videos, and kaplan for math, and whatever free pcat study sources i can find online.

I have to say, i really don't like the dr. collins review. The guides just assume you already know everything and am just reminding you of small things here and there to keep in mind. Also in the bio review there are many times where it says something like, "refer to page 18 of the bio review book..." but you can't really do that since you are reading this off the only bio review packet thats given. The rest are just practice exams. Use dr. collins study guide for practice only. Don't rely on this to actually study if you forgot a lot of things.

Given the number of different sections covered in the PCAT, how do you your studying time between each section from a day to day basis?

Given the number of different sections covered in the PCAT, how do you your studying time between each section from a day to day basis?

I looked at the DAT study schedule on the DAT discussion forums and modified that to fit my schedule. I think that schedule is the best way to go about studying if you have the time for it.