Dr Miami....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man, it sucks to hear stuff like this from MD surgeon colleagues. Start at 28:40 of the linked video. This is where the Florida Society of Anesthesiologists declines to speak, but waves in support, immediately followed by Dr. Miami speaking until 35:00. He basically just says CRNAs are better, that he supports the bill, and then to talk about the Brazilian butt lift procedure for some reason.

Apparently, the bill proposes that nurse anesthesists have to "follow a protocol" made by an anesthesiologist. A couple of senators voice concern about this aspect later.

I watched a few minutes of this. He says "CRNAs are better than MD anesthesiologists in the office setting" and doesn't elaborate from there. It's basically impossible to know where he's coming from or what he means by "better."

Members don't see this ad :)
I watched a few minutes of this. He says "CRNAs are better than MD anesthesiologists in the office setting" and doesn't elaborate from there. It's basically impossible to know where he's coming from or what he means by "better."

By "better" he means that at his request the CRNAs proceed with anesthetizing any patient at any time with no regard for patient safety or suitability

Reactions: 9 users
In my personal experiences with this, guys like this are:
1) making money off this arrangement OR
2) related to, sleeping with, or friends with the nurse OR
3) wanting complete control of the anesthesia, thus uses nurses who will do whatever he says, patient well being be damned

It is absolutely pathetic that a cash pay plastics patient gets the Wal Mart of anesthesia.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Epitome of double standards!
Lets make sure GP’s don’t do Plastic surgery because they don’t have enough knowledge. But lets allow nurses to administer anesthesia without an anesthesiologist on the premise as long they have a protocol, even though they too have less education and knowledge!
#Mindblown

Reactions: 3 users
In my personal experiences with this, guys like this are:
1) making money off this arrangement OR
2) related to, sleeping with, or friends with the nurse OR
3) wanting complete control of the anesthesia, thus uses nurses who will do whatever he says, patient well being be damned

It is absolutely pathetic that a cash pay plastics patient gets the Wal Mart of anesthesia.

100%

Dr Snapchat raps in the OR and the crnas must think hes soooooo funny and amazing!

Reactions: 1 user
You guys have it real bad...

When a plastic surgeon who does does butt lifts can dis you and get away with it, and even get airtime thats fairly low...

Id say the dickhead cant even spell oxygen. Ortho know more about physiology than Dr Butthead...

Ye need to man up and take back your place. Add tee or icu and maybe 1 more year to your residency to differentiate yourselves from nurses... Its gonna hurt but this hurts more

You guys have it real bad...

When a plastic surgeon who does does butt lifts can dis you and get away with it, and even get airtime thats fairly low...

Id say the dickhead cant even spell oxygen. Ortho know more about physiology than Dr Butthead...

Ye need to man up and take back your place. Add tee or icu and maybe 1 more year to your residency to differentiate yourselves from nurses... Its gonna hurt but this hurts more

He can do whatever he wants in his office, I’ve seen enough of the antics there to know I want nothing to do with that.
Wonder if the nurse is contractually obligated to genuflect upon his entrance into the OR. Like the creepy god king in 300.

Last edited:
Man, it sucks to hear stuff like this from MD surgeon colleagues. Start at 28:40 of the linked video. This is where the Florida Society of Anesthesiologists declines to speak, but waves in support, immediately followed by Dr. Miami speaking until 35:00. He basically just says CRNAs are better, that he supports the bill, and then to talk about the Brazilian butt lift procedure for some reason.

Apparently, the bill proposes that nurse anesthesists have to "follow a protocol" made by an anesthesiologist. A couple of senators voice concern about this aspect later.

lets make this clear. the interest of the surgeon is not aligned with the interest of the patient. surgeon wants everything done his way and as quick as possible. patient wants safety.

this d-bag surgeon likely collects on the anesthesia fees is an absolute conflict of interest if he's going to make these remarks.

Wonder how he'd feel if the DNP-ARNP-NP-C-ACLS-EMT next door to him hung out a shingle for liposuction?

Reactions: 1 users