DR Programs that favor rotators?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocMcFly

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, are there any programs that seem to match rotators at a higher frequency? The advice I have gotten on away rotations is all over the place and it seems like not doing one probably is the safest move.

Members don't see this ad.

What is a "rotator"?

I'm old and out of touch.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s really not necessary for DR unless you have major red flags on your application, and even then it is more likely to hurt than really help. There isn’t much you can do on a DR rotation as a med student but if the people there don’t like you that will kill your chances with them. I’m not really sure why DR applicants consider it, honestly.

Reactions: 3 users
It’s really not necessary for DR unless you have major red flags on your application, and even then it is more likely to hurt than really help. There isn’t much you can do on a DR rotation as a med student but if the people there don’t like you that will kill your chances with them. I’m not really sure why DR applicants consider it, honestly.
it is important to demonstrate that you can sit quietly in a dark room for 9-10 hours a day. in my experience the absolute best rotators don't match though because they pass through like a quiet breeze and no one ever got their name.

tragic

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users