You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
DR Rank Order Advice (Southeast)
Started by rads2K18
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You will be fine at any of these programs. I don’t know much about Miami. Someone will inevitably give you a “rankings”. I believe medical students buy too much into artificial rankings such as Doximity. You will be an excellent radiologist training at any of these programs. Good luck.
IR or DR?
- Emory
- UVA
- UNC
- Wake
- Vandy
- Miami
- Emory
- UVA
- UNC
- Wake
- Vandy
- Miami
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IR or DR?
- Emory
- UVA
- UNC
- Wake
- Vandy
- Miami
My vote would be (both DR and IR)
1. UVA
2. Emory
3. Wake
4. Vanderbilt
5. UNC
6. Miami
My vote would be (both DR and IR)
1. UVA
2. Emory
3. Wake
4. Vanderbilt
5. UNC
6. Miami
I personally think
1. UVA ( if you are white and can handle small town charlottesville)
2. Wake (PD is absolutely amazing)
3. UNC (same as wake)
4.4. Emory/ Vandy (both solid programs in great cities)
5. Miami (great city but the program seems weird w/ people failing boards)
My vote would be (both DR and IR)
1. UVA
2. Emory
3. Wake
4. Vanderbilt
5. UNC
6. Miami
IR UVA is the clear winner in this group. DR though, I'd say Emory is the biggest name of these and probably strongest academic place. After that, UNC and Wake are about the same with Miami at the bottom and Vanderbilt somewhere above it. Miami is super chill but a little worrisome for me.
IR or DR?
- Emory
- UVA
- UNC
- Wake
- Vandy
- Miami
This is for DR. Thanks for the feedback!
IR: I think UVA is top of the list followed by Emory/Vandy then Wake, UNC, Miami.
DR: Emory, Vandy, Wake, UVA are all good (choose location), UNC then Miami.
DR: Emory, Vandy, Wake, UVA are all good (choose location), UNC then Miami.
Wondering how these Southeastern programs stack up against one another, generally liked them all but having a tough time ranking them. I'm not yet sure about academics vs. PP but want to keep all doors open.
Emory
Vanderbilt
UVA
UNC
Wake
Miami
Entrepeneur, totally inappropriate comment "UVA ( if you are white and can handle small town charlottesville)"
You're clueless!
You're clueless!
Entrepeneur, totally inappropriate comment "UVA ( if you are white and can handle small town charlottesville)"
You're clueless!
Excuse me. Inappropriate. are you serious. I assume you aren't a person of color. But the following headlines should 100% be factored into program choice.
Violence at Charlottesville rally prompts state of emergency
I thought this would be an issue, but it really wasn’t. I’m a minority, interviewed at UVA and thought it was perfectly fine. The events that happened in Charlottesville were due to people that flooded in from other states (mainly North Carolina), not natives from the townExcuse me. Inappropriate. are you serious. I assume you aren't a person of color. But the following headlines should 100% be factored into program choice.
Violence at Charlottesville rally prompts state of emergency
I thought this would be an issue, but it really wasn’t. I’m a minority, interviewed at UVA and thought it was perfectly fine. The events that happened in Charlottesville were due to people that flooded in from other states (mainly North Carolina), not natives from the town
Thats great to hear! I did not get the same vibe and saw a lack of diversity when I interviewed there. It reminded me in high school when I was 1 of three minorities and I hated it. I'll stick to safer bests in the NE and West Coast!
Lack of diversity?? Have you looked at their current residents? Their current resident pictures looks as diverse or more diverse than any other program!
>50% white male but that’s fine. The faculty is also more concerning
Look I’m not saying it’s a bad program. It’s one of the best in the country but let’s not be in denial about how homogenous the residency and faculty are
>50% white male but that’s fine. The faculty is also more concerning
As are most programs... How do you know anything about the faculty? Are you a resident there and have worked with all the faculty? I saw a multicultural program with residents and faculty of different ethnicities, predominantly white but so is medicine in general... As a minority, I felt very welcomed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
>50% white male but that’s fine. The faculty is also more concerning
Look I’m not saying it’s a bad program. It’s one of the best in the country but let’s not be in denial about how homogenous the residency and faculty are
LOL I literally didn't interact with a single white faculty member when I interviewed at UVA.
As are most programs... How do you know anything about the faculty? Are you a resident there and have worked with all the faculty? I saw a multicultural program with residents and faculty of different ethnicities, predominantly white but so is medicine in general... As a minority, I felt very welcomed
No no I’m on the interviewing trail. I interviewed and did not feel welcome as a minority’s
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K