Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I told you that story didnt I? We had 3 (pretty clearly stoned) teens that came in with a small breed dog (a pug) and exhibiting all the signs of marijuana toxicity. So we do blood work with their approval, but of course nothing shows up. So we go back in to the room and ask if he could have gotten into anything like pot? They all say no. We ask again and tell them we don't want to get them in trouble, we just want to treat appropirately...well, yes, their uncle has it for medical reasons.Not exactly related, but I think my favorite (really) conversations with clients are the dogs that are CLEARLY marijuana dogs, and the owner is there with teenage kids, and I get to ask if there's any chance the dog got into pot. I take a little bit of evil delight in watching the teenagers squirm in those cases.
We bring the dog to the back for fluid therapy and such and they start singing in the exam room - they changed the words to Because I Got High for the dog.