Dress Code Opinion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oceanblue392

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious what some of you guys and gals thought about schools that have/dont have dress codes. I know several schools require professional attire and/or scrubs...Has it been a factor in your decision making? Does it matter to you? I'm not talking about clinic...I know you have to be presentable in clinic, but just in the regular classroom setting.

I know its very subjective, but I was just wondering what other people thought about it.

Members don't see this ad.

For me wearing scrubs would be ideal, because personally when school starts to take up all my time, I can hardly find the will to dress up or look for a different outfit every morning; though I didn't know that some opt schools require wearing scrubs.

i know NOVA gives students the option of professional attire or scrubs (i think optometrists have their own color scrubs at the school to differentiate between dental and D.O. students...though i hear they are ugly). I'm not sure if any other schools offer scrubs.

Members don't see this ad :)
i didnt know scrubs were required in opto school either. anyone know of other schools that require them?

The only one I know of that even gives the option of scrubs is Nova, but I'm sure there are a couple more out there. We don't do scrubs here at SCO, but it wouldn't have affected my decision even though I think scrubs are kinda gross. Everyone wore them at the office I worked at except for me, I chose to dress nicely instead. It's just a personal preference!

The only one I know of that even gives the option of scrubs is Nova, but I'm sure there are a couple more out there. We don't do scrubs here at SCO, but it wouldn't have affected my decision even though I think scrubs are kinda gross. Everyone wore them at the office I worked at except for me, I chose to dress nicely instead. It's just a personal preference!

i dont believe there is a dress code at SCO. am i wrong JMU07?

i dont believe there is a dress code at SCO. am i wrong JMU07?

Nope, no dress code here. Professional attire in lab/clinic but as far as lectures go, you can wear basically whatever (as long as it isn't trashy).

No Dress Code here at NECO. I found NECO very laid back. The other schools I went to (SUNY,PCO, ICO) all seemed a bit too professional. Depends on what you like.

SCCO requires you to wear professional attire in clinic, even when you need to just step in to talk to a professor. You also cannot wear shorts to class. Those are pretty much the main issues really...