Quantcast

Dress Code Opinion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oceanblue392

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Curious what some of you guys and gals thought about schools that have/dont have dress codes. I know several schools require professional attire and/or scrubs...Has it been a factor in your decision making? Does it matter to you? I'm not talking about clinic...I know you have to be presentable in clinic, but just in the regular classroom setting.

I know its very subjective, but I was just wondering what other people thought about it.

Brightereyez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For me wearing scrubs would be ideal, because personally when school starts to take up all my time, I can hardly find the will to dress up or look for a different outfit every morning; though I didn't know that some opt schools require wearing scrubs.

oceanblue392

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know NOVA gives students the option of professional attire or scrubs (i think optometrists have their own color scrubs at the school to differentiate between dental and D.O. students...though i hear they are ugly). I'm not sure if any other schools offer scrubs.

sportsdude00

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i didnt know scrubs were required in opto school either. anyone know of other schools that require them?

JMU07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The only one I know of that even gives the option of scrubs is Nova, but I'm sure there are a couple more out there. We don't do scrubs here at SCO, but it wouldn't have affected my decision even though I think scrubs are kinda gross. Everyone wore them at the office I worked at except for me, I chose to dress nicely instead. It's just a personal preference!

oceanblue392

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The only one I know of that even gives the option of scrubs is Nova, but I'm sure there are a couple more out there. We don't do scrubs here at SCO, but it wouldn't have affected my decision even though I think scrubs are kinda gross. Everyone wore them at the office I worked at except for me, I chose to dress nicely instead. It's just a personal preference!

i dont believe there is a dress code at SCO. am i wrong JMU07?

JMU07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i dont believe there is a dress code at SCO. am i wrong JMU07?

Nope, no dress code here. Professional attire in lab/clinic but as far as lectures go, you can wear basically whatever (as long as it isn't trashy).

aDubs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
No Dress Code here at NECO. I found NECO very laid back. The other schools I went to (SUNY,PCO, ICO) all seemed a bit too professional. Depends on what you like.

alferec

Future Army OD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
SCCO requires you to wear professional attire in clinic, even when you need to just step in to talk to a professor. You also cannot wear shorts to class. Those are pretty much the main issues really...