Dress shoes for workplace

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Phoenix2027

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any helpful tips for nice business casual shoes for women that won't kill you after standing in them for a full day?

I have IPPE's and APPE's coming up and have to update my business casual wardrobe..thanks for your help!
 
Any helpful tips for nice business casual shoes for women that won't kill you after standing in them for a full day?

I have IPPE's and APPE's coming up and have to update my business casual wardrobe..thanks for your help!


http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/ca...pwp,c-100/f-10001+70016+50144/t-WOMEN'S|SHOES

Cole haan shoes are great. My other half loves the women's shoes for comfort. The 2 pairs of male dress shoes I have gotten from them were probably the most comfortable dress shoes I have had. They are not cheap, but they are very good quality.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I love my Danskos for standing but when I want to switch it up a bit and not have such a heavy shoe, I have a pair of Rockport flats with the adidas cushioning that are awesome.
 
I would wear either oxfords or cap-toes, don't get loafers if ur a guy but for woman they are ok. That's what my female Rph wears. I like how chelsea boots look but they are not for everyone. I would just find something comfortable that you can stand in for 10+ hours at a time.
 
I just wear dress shoes from aldo with 2 inserts....gel and a heavy foam padding and my feet feel fine even with 13 hour shifts.
 
why not just get soft orthotics? i just hooked up my pharmacist buddy with some and hes really seems to benefit from it.

also, i would suggest flat shoes if it is an option.
 
I also vote for Danskos when standing all day- and I also call them my ugly shoes! (Don't forget to have an extra pair of shoes with you for happy hour!!!)

For dresses/skirts, I have a pair of boc's that are great. http://www.bocshoes.com/

When I am in clinic and not standing all day, and need to do more walking than standing, I wear Privo by Clarks. Occasionaly sport them with dresses/skirts as well.