Drexel decision time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ok, I am super frustrated right now. I interview in November, was sent a letter in February saying my application was being placed on the "wait list" (which I took to mean that it would be reviewed again after more people were interviewed, as opposed to an actual wait list where you will be accepted as soon as there is space) and as of today, MAY 25th (!) I have not heard another peep....

My general assumption is that I won't be accepted, but I am still pissed that they won't just let me know already...it's almost June!:mad:

Anyone else is this same boat?

P.S. what is this link everyone is talking about?

Wow, that's almost exactly like me.(Interviewed in November, letter send at the very end of January.) No, I haven't heard anything. I would prefer not to reapply of course.(Mostly since you know, that's another 500-1000 I'm throwing into this. I know I shouldn't complain, at least I'm working so I can afford it but it's still quite a bit of money.)

Members don't see this ad.

Does nayone know how large the waitlist.

I have this feeling the waitlist is huge, and it would be extremely hard to get in from the waitlist.

What does "Matriculation is contingent on successful completion of the academic work outlined in your application," mean?

Pass and you're good, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
What does "Matriculation is contingent on successful completion of the academic work outlined in your application," mean?

Pass and you're good, right?

I think it means that you should have done the majors and courses that you said you would do on your initial application.

Anyone recently received a decision from Drexel?

I'm wondering if there's still acceptances to be had, or if it's all waitlists and rejections.

Let's hope they have some spots to fill up. :luck:

anyone whose link disappeared around may 14th receive a decision?

my link disappeared on the week of the 14th, and I found out that a decision has been made. So I assume that they'll be sending out letters soon.

I'll be declining my place in the class on Monday, so a waitlistee will get it. Good Luck.

I'll be declining my place in the class on Monday, so a waitlistee will get it. Good Luck.

I think they gave out more acceptances than actual seats. So a declined acceptance doesn't necessarily mean a seat. I got waitlisted back in April. Good luck to all of us who are on the list!

Got my waitlist letter in the mail today. Interview date versus the letter date (dated: 31 May) was slightly longer than 1 month.

Is it just me or does it seem like everyone is getting rejected or waitlisted recently.

I interviewed March 28. I found out early May I was waitlisted. I was so sad :(

I emailed the person I had my student interview with to ask him about typical waitlist movement and what I could realistically expect. He said that from what he has "heard" the class is full and then some, so there shouldn't be much waitlist movement. However, he did emphasize that he had not gotten that information from an official source and that it was just based on rumors floating around.

Definitely not what i was expecting him to say when i emailed him.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly guys..I think time had alot to do with this. If you think about it, everyone who interviewed earlier were more likely accepted, everyone now has been waitlisted or rejected.

Maybe its just me who notices the pattern. I loved philly and stayed at my friend's place who is a M4 at Drexel. I stayed on Walnut street and 26th street. It was so nice! Thinking about it makes me sad.

this is horrible news. need to calm down. I was hoping on getting into drexel from the waitlist...:(

Is it just me or does it seem like everyone is getting rejected or waitlisted recently.

I interviewed March 28. I found out early May I was waitlisted. I was so sad :(

From what I understood when I talked to them, their class is overfilled. Thus, they probably won't accept anyone outright anymore. So it's seems to be either waitlist or rejection. So no worries! They're probably just waiting till people withdraw so they can start on the waitlist. And highly qualified candidates who got waitlisted because they interviewed late should be the first to be accepted once the list starts moving, I should think. That's how I'm thinking about things, anyway.

I called last Friday and was told that a decision was made.
In the mail today, I got a letter from the Financial Aid office asking me to fill out a Drexel form (in addition to the FAFSA). I didn't get a letter from the admissions committee.
Did anybody else get this in the mail?

Not sure...but let us know how it turns out....sounds like good news to me no?

But I got some funky financial aid e-mail saying that my name doesn't exactly match on my FAFSA and my application. I thought it was good news, thinking, why would they bother having communication with my file and the financial aid office unless it was good news...

Then, the waitlist letter came in May.:mad:

The form that came was Drexel's Institutional Financial Aid application. Does anybody know if we were we all supposed to have sent this in a long time ago or with our FAFSA?
I'm thinking that it's just something that I didn't send it when I was supposed to. I just don't remember ever hearing/reading about it.

Any news coming out of Drexel recently?

I, too, received a waitlist letter in the mail. What has everybody else been receiving?

I had an interview a few months ago and haven't recieved anything from them. I called them up and was told my file was going to be looked at during the next meeting. WTF!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I'm guessing it's either going to be a waitlist or rejection at this point.

I had an interview a few months ago and haven't recieved anything from them. I called them up and was told my file was going to be looked at during the next meeting. WTF!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I'm guessing it's either going to be a waitlist or rejection at this point.

i interviewed april 24....my waitlist letter was dated june 6 and i received it on saturday.

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :luck::luck::luck:

i interviewed april 24....my waitlist letter was dated june 6 and i received it on saturday.

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :luck::luck::luck:

Well they got back to you around 8 weeks like they said they would. I interviewed back in late february.

Well they got back to you around 8 weeks like they said they would. I interviewed back in late february.

hey rpm...sorry you are having to wait so long.....is drexel your last chance to get into med school this year?

sometimes, the wait is due to the time it takes the adcom to get the interviewer write-up. during my interview, the doc said an applicant had contacted her several months post-interview because a decision had not been made. my interviewer checked with the adcom and they had lost her evaluation.....but never told my interviewer!!!!! sucks!

hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer!

Just called the adcom office and they said there wasn't any waitlist movement yet. annoyinnggg

since people haven't even heard back post interview.. are they going to go to committee this week, and then start moving the waitlist next?? How is this going to work? Any ideas...

the drexel waitlist thread says that they overfilled the class and the waitlist probably wont move as much as it has in the past :(