Drexel decision time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how long after the link disappears will you see a decision on the status page? do you find out the decision online first, or does it appear after you receive the letter?

Members don't see this ad.

I got my letter today and I was accepted!!!!!!!

that is awesome! and it means that my letter should be here soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
just got my letter :hardy::hardy: woot. strange though, mine is from the financial aid office but it says "congratulations on your acceptance to drexel..." is that what everyone else gets as far as a decision letter? i was expecting one from admissions... who knows

just got my letter :hardy::hardy: woot. strange though, mine is from the financial aid office but it says "congratulations on your acceptance to drexel..." is that what everyone else gets as far as a decision letter? i was expecting one from admissions... who knows

That's what I got.

I got the full acceptance package from Drexel Admissions. Contained: letter, technical requirements, and deposit form.

Congrats Everyone!! When did your links disappear?? I thought I would get a letter yesterday as well but didn't. Mine link was gone almost 2 weeks ago; hopefully I'll hear soon.

today it's officially past the 6-8 week waiting period. And my link is still there. i hate this

At least it looks like there are lots of acceptances going out, and it's not even May 15th yet.

Just got an acceptance letter !!!:biglove: I love Drexel !

Interviewed on March 29th, letter is dated May 1st. No financial info in the package though, I guess they do send it separately.

Also, if this info might help anyone, my link disappeared on April 24th, decision was made on April 27th, letter printed out on May 1st, mail reached me today even though I live just 1.5 hours from Philadelphia.

Good luck to all of you still waiting!!:luck:

lol, i guess it will take a while to get to chicago

I got the full acceptance package today. I called the admissions office earlier, and the lady I spoke to told me that they send their mail out separately from the financial aid office.

Members don't see this ad :)
So has anybody here gotten a recent acceptance after being on the wait list? Just curious.(Gee, who could be on that wait list:D )

how long after the link disappears will you see a decision on the status page? do you find out the decision online first, or does it appear after you receive the letter?

from my own experience and searching thru this thread, after the link disappears it takes a week or two for a decision to be made, and its thru snail mail ... i have yet to find someone whose "To View you decision click here" link works

I'm in!!! Just found out today!

For completeness:
Interview: first week of April
Link disappeared: April 27
Received acceptance in the mail: TODAY!! (May 8)

Edit: Acceptance letter dated May 1

Congrats to all who have gotten in!

It seems like the decisions --> mail is going faster because May 15th is fast approaching.

That being said, my link disappeared yesterday

Here's to hoping...

Link disappeared on 4/24. Called them yesterday, and was told that no decision has been made yet and would probably be made towards the end of the week. Anyone in a similar jam? I figured I'd hear within 2 weeks; sounds like a waitlist letter is coming :mad:

mine disappeared 5/4, but i havent called to see if a decision has been made.
fwiw, they're meeting today and thursday.

I'm so nervous. I called and they said a decision has been made and it's probably in the mail today.

Link disappeared on 4/24. Called them yesterday, and was told that no decision has been made yet and would probably be made towards the end of the week. Anyone in a similar jam? I figured I'd hear within 2 weeks; sounds like a waitlist letter is coming :mad:

My link disappeared on 4/26. Called today and was told that no decision has been made. Wasn't given any other information except that it takes 6-8 weeks to make a decision and it has only been 3 weeks since my interview (4/16). Don't think this is a good sign.

Anyone who interviewed before or in the first week of February still waiting for a decision? I feel like I'm the oldest lady here, still clinging to that glimmer of hope..

Good Luck guys. I hope you all get in. :thumbup:

hey there, i just received my acceptance last week and i interviewed in late Jan. so don't lose hope. also, you should call and make sure they have all of your materials, including the evaluation sheets from interviewers...i know a guy whos evaluation sheet got lost and was put on hold... good luck

Leen71,

I don't think it means anything at all. Just wait, I know how hard it is, but you have no choice.

Leen71,

I don't think it means anything at all. Just wait, I know how hard it is, but you have no choice.

It's especially tough when the doctors that I work with ask me everyday if I've heard anything yet.

My link disappeared two weeks ago and I know a decision was made last week and a letter is out.

I got this e-mail today.

Dear XXX:
Drexel University is currently unable to process the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) that you have completed. There is a discrepancy between your name on the FAFSA and in the Drexel system.

In order for Drexel to process your financial aid, you must correct the discrepancy with your name. Please remember that you must use your legal name on the FAFSA. Your name on the FAFSA and with Drexel must match.

What does this mean? I haven't received an acceptance yet, but now I'm freaking anxious since I have 0 acceptances.

^Its a good sign, I think. Congratulations! :thumbup:

ya, i'd say its a very good sign...it means that they are trying to prepare a financial packet for you, which means you've been accepted. congrats. but i can't believe your name is XXX, crazy

ya, i'd say its a very good sign...it means that they are trying to prepare a financial packet for you, which means you've been accepted. congrats. but i can't believe your name is XXX, crazy

This can be the case, but don't count your chickens before they hatch.

I'm crossing my fingers for you!

OMG I'm calling the financial aid office...I'm so nervous.

They wouldn't tell me anything. =(
I really want to find out before Sunday, I want to take my parents out to dinner and to surprise them on Mother's day , if I were accepted.

The financial aid office says they process fafsa for every applicant, whether or not they are admitted (which made me sad). But then I called the admissions office one more time and they mentioned they would only send accepted applicants files to the financial aid office.

They wouldn't tell me anything. =(
I really want to find out before Sunday, I want to take my parents out to dinner and to surprise them on Mother's day , if I were accepted.

The financial aid office says they process fafsa for every applicant, whether or not they are admitted (which made me sad). But then I called the admissions office one more time and they mentioned they would only send accepted applicants files to the financial aid office.

OMG good luck!!!

:luck: :luck: :luck:

hey there, i just received my acceptance last week and i interviewed in late Jan. so don't lose hope. also, you should call and make sure they have all of your materials, including the evaluation sheets from interviewers...i know a guy whos evaluation sheet got lost and was put on hold... good luck

hey, thank you. I called today, they said a decision was made. They wudn't tell the decision but said if i call on wednesday, they can fax me the decision. Anyone else tried this?

hey, thank you. I called today, they said a decision was made. They wudn't tell the decision but said if i call on wednesday, they can fax me the decision. Anyone else tried this?

I called today as well, and even though they didn't tell me that, Im going to call on Wednesday and ask. Why not?

Just found out that I was accepted into Drexel. Decision time for me. Does sending the $100 deposit for a seat mean you absolutly have to attend there? I'm still waiting on a school that waitlisted me.

Just found out that I was accepted into Drexel. Decision time for me. Does sending the $100 deposit for a seat mean you absolutly have to attend there? I'm still waiting on a school that waitlisted me.

When did you interview?

Also, Im pretty sure putting in a deposit doesnt necessarily mean you have to go there. If you do get off the waitlist from the other school you'll only lose your deposit from Drexel. Good luck.

Can you post a timeline of your Drexel application process?

I know Drexel takes a long time to make its decision, but did anyone, who interviewed during the second week of April or particularly 4/10, hear back from drexel yet? It's almost 5/15, but I haven't gotten any news from the school yet. I'm getting really nervous and worried. The link on my application page has disappeared, and it says "decision not available".

This is such a torture :beat:

hey koochi; I interviewed on 4/11 and my link disappeared on 4/24. Last Tuesday they told me that a decision would probably be made by the end of last week. I'm in the same boat you're in. Good Luck!!

I interviewed second week of April and was told this past friday that a decision was made and that I would hear as early as this week.

Interviewed: 3/26
Link disappeared: 5/7
Sanity lost: 5/14
Accepted? Rejected? I don't know! :(

My link has FINALLY disappeared!

Int 3/12
Link Gone 5/14

link is gone!!

interviewed 3-8
link disappeared 5-14

interviewed 3-9
link gone 5-4

no decision.

Good luck Guys:luck: :luck:

I have a feeling those of us who interviewed around 4/10 will hear today or tomorrow. I called, and was told that a decision was already mailed:confused:

I know Drexel takes a long time to make its decision, but did anyone, who interviewed during the second week of April or particularly 4/10, hear back from drexel yet? It's almost 5/15, but I haven't gotten any news from the school yet. I'm getting really nervous and worried. The link on my application page has disappeared, and it says "decision not available".

This is such a torture :beat:

guess i'll be checking my mail frequently these couple of days :scared:

good luck everyone :luck:

Interviewed: 3/26
Link disappeared: 5/7ish
Decision made last week
Going out this week in the mail

There goes my stress levels :(