Drexel decision time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed the first week of December. I've called three times and they still have no word. Is that bad?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll add my name to the list...

Interviewed: first week of April
Link disappeared: 5/14

I guess that means they'll likely be reviewing me on Thursday, too!

BUMP

Keep updating!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
are they willing to fax the decision if it has been made?

are they willing to fax the decision if it has been made?

Someone mentioned it recently in the posts, I'm curious to see if they can...it'll save me the time and sanity.

Try it out and let us know :luck:

Here's my 0.02....

Interviewed: last week of April
Link is gone: 5/16 (though it could have disappeared earlier)

Ok, I emailed them earlier this week and they told me that a decision on my file will be made by the end of this week. Since they meet on Thursdays, I am going to call and Friday, and if a decision has been, I'll ask if they are willing to fax it. I'll let you know.

BUMP

Drexel does not win my "inform the applicant asap" award.

any of us april interviewees heard anything yet? I thought they sent out those decision letters late last week. It's Wed already! Were they all lost in the mail?! :p

any of us april interviewees heard anything yet? I thought they sent out those decision letters late last week. It's Wed already! Were they all lost in the mail?! :p

I called on Tuesday to see where my file stood. They said they made a decision on my file but a letter wasn't written up yet, and that has to be done and signed by the associate dean. It's hard to predict when decisions are made based on when someone interviewed. ie. someone interviewed the day after me and they got their decision in 3 weeks. :confused:

I'm bumping this thread like its going out of style...

I was told that no decision has been made on my application and i should expect one by late this week or early next week.

btw, i interviewed on 4/10, link has disappeared by early may.

Members don't see this ad :)
My decision was mailed today. I was told a decision was made early last week...

We might have been in the same batch of decisions.

Good luck! :oops: :luck:

The financial aid e-mail, which most people thought was going to give me an acceptance, gave me a waitlist =/

I had a feeling my interview didn't go so well, especially since my faculty interviewer bombarded me with why I got a "6" on my verbal, and the importance of verbal in medical school.

The financial aid email made me more hopeful and optimistic than I should have.

I actually got waitlisted. Definitely bummed-- I just received an acceptance from another school today, but would definitely perfer drexel.

Good luck to all of you!

Did everyone on the waitlist get a Fin Aid email??

The financial aid e-mail, which most people thought was going to give me an acceptance, gave me a waitlist =/

I had a feeling my interview didn't go so well, especially since my faculty interviewer bombarded me with why I got a "6" on my verbal, and the importance of verbal in medical school.

I actually got waitlisted. Definitely bummed-- I just received an acceptance from another school today, but would definitely perfer drexel.

Good luck to all of you!

Sorry to hear about the waitlist, but congrats on the other acceptance! Where's that?

Good luck to all of you!

Sorry to hear about that but congrats on that acceptance. Best of luck and show'em on the boards:D

ehhh.... i'm goign to try really hard to get into drexel =)

if that means sending them with lots of letters to show interest, then i guess ill have to do that.

though enough is enough, im not going down without a fight. They told me there's an "internal" waitlist that they aren't allowed to disclose.

Awww Good Luck!

Question: does the associate dean sign all letters (waitlist, accept and reject)? I would guess so, thinking that we took the time to interview out there.

Did anyone who had their link disappear this week call to see if a decision had been made on their file?
I think I'll call at some point today, but as of this moment, I'm too chicken. :p I just don't want to be crushed if I find out they didn't review me at this week's meeting (as I've seen happen a couple of times on here). Also- did anyone ever find out about the faxing issue? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but I want to see if anyone confirmed that.

BUMP - update! update! update!

As for my update: still in med school limbo :(

really hope i get into drexel.

Well you've got a good attitude by keeping up the fight:) Good luck, I know one thing though. If I get in the first thing I'm doing in Philly is seeing that Tutankhamun exibit. (I mean it's right in my face when I take the train all the way to work. It's a sign eyes tells ya.:D

i haven't heard a word from them yet. i have a feeling they made a decision this past week, im just going to wait to see what will happen. no more calling any admissions offices for me.

BUMP

It's Monday people. Get to it.

::angelface::

I actually interviewed on 3/29, and just received my "Wait List" letter yesterday. I have to return it saying I accept a position on the wait list today, but I never received any email from the financial aid office... :confused:
This was my only interview and I would really love to attend Drexel... I'm preparing to reapply anyway...
Good luck to you all! Hopefully I'll be seeing many of you come Fall!
:luck:

Whats up with Drexel?

I interviewed back in January and haven't heard anything from them yet.:mad:

I interviewed in Feb and also have not heard anything...my interview info dissapeared from the statis page about two weeks ago.... Is there no date that the schools have to notify us by?

Yeah, interviewed 3/26 and just got rejected :(

Totally. Bummed.

My hopes are resting on another waitlist but I'm set to reapply all over again.

EDIT: Congrats to those who got accepted, you deserved it.

interviewed 3/6
link disappeared 5/22

took long enough jeesh.

Totally. Bummed.

ditto man...ditto...

I hate to be the barer of bad tidings but my link disappeared 3 weeks ago so the whole theory behind the disappearing link is more than likely just a theory. :luck:

I hate to be the barer of bad tidings but my link disappeared 3 weeks ago so the whole theory behind the disappearing link is more than likely just a theory. :luck:

I agree........my link disappeared 4/26.....almost a month ago and still no decision.

Totally. Bummed.

Sorry to hear that. Here's hoping you have great luck from this point on out. (Because reapplying s*cks)

They do fax the decision, after the letter is written and signed etc. Mine was a straight-out rejection, very very dissappointed.. I cried all day after getting the fax at work. I have no idea what happened because I REALLY REALLY felt I did well in the interview and that my interviewer seemed to be very fair.

Does anyone think I should contact them?

that's sooo odd...

everyone's been getting rejections lately...is it just me that notices this pattern recently?

I wish you all the best...

are any of you guys waiting for other schools?

not really all rejections, we have so many acceptances in this thread too. Since Drexel's waitlist doesn't seem to be huge, hopefully you'll get in soon enough. Congrats on the other acceptance!

I'm waiting on one WL, otherwise I have no idea what to do anymore..

I think they waitlist alot of people but I am not sure...I have alot of friends who did not get in last year from the waitlist.

Anyway, I think they are starting to reject alot recently (not in the past). This is probably due to the fact that it's getting really late. According to the letter, they waitlist you to compare you with those later on. By this pt in time, there isn't anyone to compare you to.

That's my take with Drexel. No idea though. I hope you get in off your other waitlist.

not really all rejections, we have so many acceptances in this thread too. Since Drexel's waitlist doesn't seem to be huge, hopefully you'll get in soon enough. Congrats on the other acceptance!

I'm waiting on one WL, otherwise I have no idea what to do anymore..

I'm in the same boat as you are!

Good luck :luck:

I'm really sorry to hear about all of the recent rejections, guys.
This is my first time applying, and I'm just beaten from all of this. I'm hoping waitlists/decisions come through as acceptances for everyone.

I'm wondering if it's impossible to get an acceptance from Drexel now? They hadn't made a decision on me as of yesterday (link disappeared 5/14). I'm wondering if post-May 15, they just didn't have the people dropping their acceptances that they expected, and thus had to start rejecting people. Who knows?

:luck: to everyone. I guess I'll start re-hashing my personal statement over the weekend.

Hey fellow waitlisters, don't give up hope. I just called the admissions office to update my address and was told that waitlist movement hasn't even started yet and won't for another couple of weeks. So this silence doesn't mean that we are all rejected and they just aren't telling us. It just means... more waiting... :bullcrap: Hang in there!

how come everytime i call, it goes straight to voice message?

ok, I am super frustrated right now. I interview in November, was sent a letter in February saying my application was being placed on the "wait list" (which I took to mean that it would be reviewed again after more people were interviewed, as opposed to an actual wait list where you will be accepted as soon as there is space) and as of today, MAY 25th (!) I have not heard another peep....

My general assumption is that I won't be accepted, but I am still pissed that they won't just let me know already...it's almost June!:mad:

Anyone else is this same boat?

P.S. what is this link everyone is talking about?

waitlisted too...

what did your waitlist letter say? mine said something about comparing to future interviewers or something (even tho I received the waitlist letter like in May). Who in the world is there to compare me to? sheesh