Drexel Deferment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stevehmk

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had deferred at Drexel and reapplied to other schools. I know some schools allow it, but most don't so I called the admissions office and they said that you were allowed to reapply to other schools, but when I emailed another admissions person they said that it was AMCAS policy to only allow reapplication to Drexel upon deferment. So I am a bit confused and was wondering if anyone had personal experience with deferments at Drexel. Thanks in advance for any info!

Members don't see this ad.

Steve, why do you want to defer? I know that people knock Drexel, but screw them. I mean, it's a US medical school, they have a good matchlist, you'll be a US trained Allopathic doctor, and it's a school that many people would love to be attending this year.

If you think you can get into a better school, what have you done to improve your application. Where were you weaknesses? And why does it matter so much which school you attend. I think if you work really hard, do well, nail the boards, and then you'll get a good residency, a great residency.

Don't pass up this chance. Go out and celebrate, you're going to be a doctors. Be proud of your accomplishments. Getting this far is a great thing. We've had so many hoops, damn classes, letters or recommendations, MCAT, life, and we've arrived. Let's celebrate our success. There are so many people out there that still haven't gotten into any medical school. And I think the Drexel name is going to only get better. There undergraduate program is quite strong. This will someday be a prestigious program.

I am very thankful to have been accepted to Drexel and when I visited I liked the school. My main concern is the cost and the location (along with some other issues I'd rather not get into) ... anyways, i'm hoping to go to my state school. I am currently working on a research project that is just starting to take off and I was thinking about staying another year to finish it... so I wanted to see what my options were if I stayed. I'd be happy to go to Drexel, but you know if I can hold on to a place at Drexel and still apply to another school it would make staying another year worthwhile... I guess I want to have my cake and eat it to :), but I just want to weigh my options.