Drexel DPMS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have to take the MCAT again bc of a poor verbal score. My interviewer told me I would be fine and not to worry about it.
Call them directly (or email them) and they'll correct it for you (as long as each section is above 45%)

What was the percentile of each section?

Members don't see this ad.

Verbal was in the 36 percentile. Don't judge. On my old mcat, I got a 9 so several admission folks told me not to take it again because I will be fine. I cancelled my Kaplan class and stopped going to the $1400 verbal class I signed up for. Now I'm back in he same position thousands of dollars later.
I'd still call to see if they can put you in Track 2

Members don't see this ad :)
So my two cents. I got my acceptance sunday. Just found out 5 mins ago I'm track 2 (thank you jesus).

I was living in LA until may 15. I moved to ny on may 16. Attended the interview on may 18. Since Drexel took so long to interview me for DPMS I had already put down a deposit for a 2 Year MBS there. As back up. Started a tutoring job on may 24 In NYC, my plan was to work there until August when mbs started but I had to quit Monday. Last day was yesterday. Today, Wednesday I went to Philly to look at apartments. All this while staying in my friends basement with my dog who has cancer. Yes Its hectic af but when you really want something. ..

And some of us understand the program limitations from the beginning. I have been rejected from medical school for two cycles now. I'm EVERY minority I just don't have the grades. That BS that POC get in from affirmative action is a LIE. I would much rather bust my ass for DPMS and put up with administration and burocratic nonsense that reapply through regular admission. That process is excruciating, expensive, cruel, disgusting, exploitative...don't get me going.

Please, if you're still thinking about it WITHDRAW so others can have your spot.

The people waiting: I love you all stay strong and if you end up on a back up program, I'll be your friend still. Call email knock all the doors.

Hey can I PM you and ask you some questions? Sort of in the same boat!

So several people walked me off the ledge. I'll take the stupid MCAT again just to improve my verbal score by one point.

I signed my contract so I'll see yall in Phillllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

To those who didn't make it, just stay focus. Good luck during this application cycle!!! I know how easy it is to give up. I almost gave up last night because I overreacted. But thanks to the loving and supportive people around me, i'm staying focused. They keep me grounded. Get some good people/mentors around you to keep you motivated!!

Reactions: 5 users
So several people walked me off the ledge. I'll take the stupid MCAT again just to improve my verbal score by one point.

To those who didn't make it, just stay focus. Good luck during this application cycle!!! I know how easy it is to give up. I almost gave up last night because I overreacted. But thanks to the loving and supportive people around me, i'm staying focused. They keep me grounded. Get some good people/mentors around you to keep you motivated!!

Nice, I'm happy you came to a decision. That was really a tough place you were put in. No worries, I have the utmost faith you'll pull through. You got this!!

Anyone who hasn't heard anything (email, portal update) what do you think is going to happen with our applications? Do you think we're waitlisted or just waiting for rejections?

Anyone who hasn't heard anything (email, portal update) what do you think is going to happen with our applications? Do you think we're waitlisted or just waiting for rejections?

I have no idea at this point..this is torture..

need a roommate?
I need two roommates!!

I just got accepted to their alternative Biomedical sciences masters program.

I don't know if I should do it :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance. Goodluck to anyone on the "waitlist"

Just got accepted to the Master of Biomedical Sciences program they applied me to. So for anyone else who is waiting, if they reject you from DPMS and apply you to another program, it's because they're basically accepting you to the other program

Just got accepted to the Master of Biomedical Sciences program they applied me to. So for anyone else who is waiting, if they reject you from DPMS and apply you to another program, it's because they're basically accepting you to the other program

The program is two years.

Seems like no one heard anything today. If we don't all hear by tomorrow, that would really suck...

Was there a deadline on when you had to submit your contract by?

Is everyone accepted on the facebook group?

I am like desperate for roommates at this point.

Has anyone whose application hadn't been previously rejected or accepted heard anything today?

Hey I called and left Dr. Walker a message but the ones who haven't heard should call and leave messages too. Maybe then she will call one of us back at least.

Guys, I think that you shouldn't read into it too much. The people who made contract did the work they were supposed to. They outlined what we needed to do and you basically need to make it happen. Some students complain about the disorganization but life won't present everything to you on a silver plate! How do you guys think medical school will be or a medical career? Don't think that sitting in the library alone will make it work. If some students spent more time studying and less time talking then maybe things would have turned out differently for them.

Some students complain about support but what do they expect Dr. Walker to do? The student is the one that got a 72 average in a class, not her. She isn't going to change grades, that doesn't do anyone a favor. This is a very busy time for the office and they are working as hard as they can.

Hopefully some of you will join us as future dragons

Does anyone know when was the last date they accepted students last year and if the program start date was the same last year?

I just left a message too

Take it from me guys: I called Dr. Walker 2 weeks ago, and have yet to receive a reply. At this point, I think it's safe to say that those of us on the "waitlist," will likely receive a silent rejection :shrug:

If anyone who got accepted, though, would like to chill, go to the bar, hang out or w/e, PM me. I didn't get accepted, but I'll still be living in Center City:nod:

Last edited:
HOW HAVE WE NOT HEARD BACK. IT'S FREAKING JUNE 9TH

Reactions: 1 user

I just saw your previous post.... I was about get you off that ledge.. take it from someone that had been out of school for 4 years and really sucked at VERBAL reasoning... I was able to turn it around... which all came with practice, diligence and strategy... Don't worry I gotchu for sure... I have finally cracked the secret to that nerve racking test called the MCAT... and I will probably tutor some of you incoming dpms students.. congrats and welcome to the clan.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the DPMS committe does any silent rejections? Several of us have not heard anything and the program starts in a week

Monday is upon us. The last day of decisions I am sure since next Monday is when the classes start.

I just saw your previous post.... I was about get you off that ledge.. take it from someone that had been out of school for 4 years and really sucked at VERBAL reasoning... I was able to turn it around... which all came with practice, diligence and strategy... Don't worry I gotchu for sure... I have finally cracked the secret to that nerve racking test called the MCAT... and I will probably tutor some of you incoming dpms students.. congrats and welcome to the clan.

OMG thank you!!!

Anyone rejected or accepted today so far?

Just spoke to the department. They said all those that will be accepted have been notified and if you aren't receiving a portal update it is because you are being considered for other masters programs. She couldn't give me an answer as to why people still haven't been contacted with a rejection (she claims all portals were updated). She's in the office now so I'd give her a call if you want more information (215) 762-4692.

d
Just spoke to the department. They said all those that will be accepted have been notified and if you aren't receiving a portal update it is because you are being considered for other masters programs. She couldn't give me an answer as to why people still haven't been contacted with a rejection (she claims all portals were updated). She's in the office now so I'd give her a call if you want more information (215) 762-4692.

I spoke to the same lady. I don't think she knows much.

She said the same thing when I called last week and another person was accepted the day after.

She said the same thing when I called last week and another person was accepted the day after.

Well now I don't know what to think! Guess we have to wait for an official notification.

So I just called this number 215-991-8204 and the lady picked up and said they'll finalise their decisions by the end of this week. Like wtf? End of this week? Now I'm confused cos someone said they're done with acceptance and she said (cos I asked explicitly with an emphasis on "For a program begining Monday June 19" )they'll still sending. If this is true, I think it's cruel cos like why the wait? I'm so fed up

So I just called this number 215-991-8204 and the lady picked up and said they'll finalise their decisions by the end of this week. Like wtf? End of this week? Now I'm confused cos someone said they're done with acceptance and she said (cos I asked explicitly with an emphasis on "For a program begining Monday June 19" )they'll still sending. If this is true, I think it's cruel cos like why the wait? I'm so fed up

I'M SO DONEEEEEE. THEY SAID THAT FOR THE PAST 3 WEEKS

I just called this same number and I was told to email [email protected]. She is the director of admissions at DUCOM and ultimately responsible for making the admissions for this program. Maybe if we all email her, we can get an answer before Friday (that's when the lady told me decisions will be out by). I can't believe they would expect us (if by some miracle we get accepted) to move to philly the next day (LOL)

I just called this same number and I was told to email [email protected]. She is the director of admissions at DUCOM and ultimately responsible for making the admissions for this program. Maybe if we all email her, we can get an answer before Friday (that's when the lady told me decisions will be out by). I can't believe they would expect us (if by some miracle we get accepted) to move to philly the next day (LOL)
I know.its crazy. She told me the same thing. This Friday. The situation is just frustrating. How many people who interviewed are waiting to hear back?

I got accepted today! My interview was May 11. Be patient if you want it guys, you never know. And I thought I bombed my interview.

Reactions: 2 users