Drexel DPMS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my rejection via email

Members don't see this ad.

I heard there were 26 or 22 (not sure) students and 17 matriculated. So I guess they accepted 40 only 26/22 accepted the offer then 17 made it. The spend money part makes sense but as for the stress part, I like to think that I need to get use to it for the future. Nothing is ever easy but once you're use to it, it becomes easier. I admire people in Track II because MCAT is most likely the major thing that holds people back.

The class size was much smaller last year because less people applied. They assumed it was probably due to all the negative comments on student doctor network.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol this program is hilariously backwards. Never before have I seen a program that actually accepts the last individuals interviewed, first.

Reactions: 1 users
The admission process is so disorganized. Whenever I call, no one know whats going on and default to "This week or next".

Reactions: 1 user
Spoke to the DPMS team, about my rejection. Had the interview on May 25. They said that they have sent all acceptances, people will be either getting waitlist offers or rejections now, basically. Good luck my friends !

Spoke to the DPMS team, about my rejection. Had the interview on May 25. They said that they have sent all acceptances, people will be either getting waitlist offers or rejections now, basically. Good luck my friends !
My admission status turned blank...

I think this is gonna be my official rejection. At least they'll finally be updating it lol

Oh and good luck to yourself as well!

My admission status turned blank...

I think this is gonna be my official rejection. At least they'll finally be updating it lol

Oh and good luck to yourself as well!

Mine says still under review! I hate this sooooo much! :boom:

What number did you call?

Who did you speak to?

Who did you speak to?

Can't remember the chaps name, but he said approximately 95 % seats have been accepted. Mass rejections will be sent to everyone this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know why they're only sending out some rejections today instead of all of them?

By the way, were any of the ppl accepted notified via portal by any chance? I know a few of you said you got calls and an email, but I'm just wondering because my portal has two applications now. One of them is the original one I submitted and the other was created today with a status that's blank

IMG_7833.PNG
IMG_7833.PNG
By the way, were any of the ppl accepted notified via portal by any chance? I know a few of you said you got calls and an email, but I'm just wondering because my portal has two applications now. One of them is the original one I submitted and the other was created today with a status that's blank
This is what mine shows. What do u mean two applications?

Mine did that too but I realized that the second application isn't for DPMS also but for the Master's in IMS which I didn't apply too but had today's day as the submission date. But my DPMS admission status went blank. I don't even know what this means ? Like did I get rejected from DPMS but they want me to apply to IHS? Literally so confused and angry.

My portal went from the paragraph about "complete and under review" to completely blank within the last couple of hours so I guess it's coming

Yeah guys, not to be an dingus. Those programs are the ones they want you to go to, they are essentially rejecting you from dpms ( hopefully I'm wrong )

Yeah guys, not to be an dingus. Those programs are the ones they want you to go to, they are essentially rejecting you from dpms ( hopefully I'm wrong )
It has always listed those proteins since I applied.

No the program type still says Drexel Pathway to Medical School (for both)

What are the stats of people who have been accepted or denied after interview? Gpa and mcat

503 mcat
3.4 sGPA
3.6 GPA
Accepted on Sunday.

You definitely could have gone regular route if you retook ur mcat

I am waitlisted in one school, I applied late and really didn't wanna stay out another year, I've been out of school for a while and wanted to have a solid back up and hate the application process and rejections from Harvard and Yale lol .

I was out of the country the week they were calling people and my voicemail was full. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone missed a phone call from DPMS, if so, was there another phone call from them, or an email following up about the missed call?

I interviewed on may 15th
Got accepted on Sunday and interviewed on May 15 too. Do you know when and how we will find out our tracks. That will help me decide if I want to accept the offer.

Got accepted on Sunday and interviewed on May 15 too. Do you know when and how we will find out our tracks. That will help me decide if I want to accept the offer.
The track 1 is if u are below 49th percentile for mcat in all sections and track II is if u are above in all sections and cumulative as well.They told us when we interviewed.

Congrats!!! I believe that information will be on the official email that will be sent out soon. You can guess what track you'll be in if you know your mcat score. I THINK Track 1 is for people who have <45% in any of the sections and overall

The track 1 is if u are below 49th percentile for mcat in all sections and track II is if u are above in all sections and cumulative as well.They told us when we interviewed.
I heard <45% or maybe I'm wrong

Longtime lurker here. I interviewed on May 16th and was accepted to this program but after speaking more with program staff and two past DPMSers I have decide to withdraw my acceptance. My deciding factor was the disorganization of program administration and spotty support for students in the program. The students who I spoke with pointed to the iffy matriculation rate to DUCOM from DPMS (from those who start the program, there are more than a handful of students who don't make contract). At the end of the day, I decided to not spend $40k+ for this program and another $15k or so in living expenses. I just wanted to encourage those on the fence to be cautious and to think about all their options. But good luck to those on the waitlist. I hope one of you gets my spot.

Reactions: 1 users
Longtime lurker here. I interviewed on May 16th and was accepted to this program but after speaking more with program staff and two past DPMSers I have decide to withdraw my acceptance. My deciding factor was the disorganization of program administration and spotty support for students in the program. The students who I spoke with pointed to the iffy matriculation rate to DUCOM from DPMS (from those who start the program, there are more than a handful of students who don't make contract). At the end of the day, I decided to not spend $40k+ for this program and another $15k or so in living expenses. I just wanted to encourage those on the fence to be cautious and to think about all their options. But good luck to those on the waitlist. I hope one of you gets my spot.
I haven't been accepted or rejected yet. But if I do get accepted, I may withdraw for those reasons you mentioned. A masters program at my home institution would be a safer bet for me be honest, plus I'd have more time to restudy for the MCAT and knock it out before reapplying to schools.

But damn it :/

damn it damn it damn it damn it.

If they would've just been more punctual, I wouldn't be having the second thoughts I'm having now

So a few hours ago my Application Status in the portal changed to blank. Now it's filled in, but only a small paragraph, doesn't have the info about other programs and 3/4 of my application materials are now listed as being submitted today...?

Attachments

• IMG_0089.PNG
    IMG_0089.PNG
    229.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0091.PNG
    IMG_0091.PNG
    218.1 KB · Views: 111
So a few hours ago my Application Status in the portal changed to blank. Now it's filled in, but only a small paragraph, doesn't have the info about other programs and 3/4 of my application materials are now listed as being submitted today...?
Blizzare! Your portal is being hacked by martians. That's the only explanation.

Hm...

Mine is still blank.

If we are withdrawing our acceptance, do we just have to email them via the acceptance email or do we wait for the official acceptance to reject?

If we are withdrawing our acceptance, do we just have to email them via the acceptance email or do we wait for the official acceptance to reject?
Hey if anyone is declining their offer, the sooner would be better for the rest of us who haven't heard yet. I have no second plans like many of you and if dpms does not work out it's a gap year of working. I for one would honestly appreciate if you emailed now rather than wait.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey if anyone is declining their offer, the sooner would be better for the rest of us who haven't heard yet. I have no second plans like many of you and if dpms does not work out it's a gap year of working. I for one would honestly appreciate if you emailed now rather than wait.
I agree. So people who actually understood what the program was about right from the start can actually get a chance.. I hope you get in.

Email the acceptance email address. The acceptance email says you should reply to the email if you are no longer interested.

Last edited by a moderator: