Drexel DPMS anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To queenBMD:

Yea, I live in Philly and I was accepted too! Congrats!

To DarlingNikki:

What stats do you want?

Members don't see this ad.

Queen,

Out of curiosity when did you interview? Im still waiting to hear from them and I hope I get in.

thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an apartment but plan on moving to Stiles Hall.

What are your views on Stiles Hall? It seem like a practical choice, since its right across from the hospital. But people have said you should worry about being with underclassmen and whatnot. Do you live in philly. if so, where are the supermarkets in center city or how do you get there?

Can those of you that were rejected, those that got in and those that were waitlisted share you stats? And if you don't mind sharing about your intereviews,,,i.e what qualities they were looking for specifically in canditates and any DO's AND DON'Ts for the interview? Any info will be of great help...:)

Thanks,,,

What is the general cost of apartments around the city campus? Are there alternatives to Stiles Hall? I want something affordable!!

What is the general cost of apartments around the city campus? Are there alternatives to Stiles Hall? I want something affordable!!

My limited search has been on craigslist, but the least expensive apartment in center city was $1,100, but most average $1,300 and up. Manayunk and East Falls ranged from $500 to $1800.

Does anyone know if they're done interviewing?

i believe that the interviews have been complete since may 23rd.

I plan on living in Stiles.... just wish they would send the mail with all the info already. I thought they were suppose to send it last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
To all: housing is in Myers Hall this summer. check-in is June 15th after 5 pm.

Does anyone know when the 6 week program ends or what the DPMS class schedule will be?

Seems like I am the wait list king. I got the email Wednesday morning and supposedly there are 5 people of the waiting list. Did any of you interview on May 23 and got in?

Does anyone know when the 6 week program ends or what the DPMS class schedule will be?
Probably, July 25

They said class will range from 9AM -3PM. The concrete schedule was not set, however. Still waiting on that from them.

to zippa: i interviewed on may 23rd and received an acceptance the following week. it was fairly quick. good luck, though!

to zippa: i interviewed on may 23rd and received an acceptance the following week. it was fairly quick. good luck, though!
Hey guys I'm going to the dpms program but does nr one know what the first week will consist of I don't lnow wat to expect . Any fellow dpmser's have any insight?

Seems like I am the wait list king. I got the email Wednesday morning and supposedly there are 5 people of the waiting list. Did any of you interview on May 23 and got in?

Probably, July 25
Have you heard from the program about your status on the wait list. I got wait listed too! Is there anyone who has done the program who was on the wait list? If so please share your knowledge about the process!

i read in another DPMS thread that there is a very narrow range for MCATs. anything higher than 24 is not qualified for admission to DPMS. is this true?

This is only partially true. You need a minimum 20 MCAT, with no section lower than a 6 to be accepted into the program. In order to ensure final acceptance to Drexel Medical School, you need an 8 on the BS and the PS sections and a 7 on the VR section. If your MCAT score exceeds an 8 BS AND a 8 PS AND a 7 VR, when you apply,you are ineligible. Thus, if you MCAT is a 10BS, 10PS, but a 6VR, you are still eligible.

This is only partially true. You need a If your MCAT score exceeds an 8 BS AND a 8 PS AND a 7 VR, when you apply,you are ineligible. Thus, if you MCAT is a 10BS, 10PS, but a 6VR, you are still eligible.

wait, that's confusing. you can't exceed an 8/8/7, but you're still eligible with a 10/10/6 example? i have an 8/8/9, so my VR exceeds the 7, but did not exceed the 8s. i would understand that to make me ineligible since i didn't satisfy all 3 score criteria

I would recommend reposting this question in the active DPMS thread. Go to the pre-allopathic forum and find the DPMS thread thread there. There are a lot of people who could confirm the answer.

For the admission requires, DPMS program require you to take 1 year of english literature and behavioral science (sociology, psychology and philosophy). For that 1 year of behavioral science, do you actually have to take 1 course of sociology, psychology and philosphy or can it be something like 2 psychology course and 1 philosophy course if your undergraduate school is a quarter system?

Also for 1 year of english literature, my school offers a program called "university writing program (UWP)". These courses can be used to satisfy our english requirements. So if the UWP course at my school is used to satisfy our english requirements, can it also be used to satisfy the 1 year english literature for the admissions requirement?

I'll suggest not applying to both MSP and DPMS, it seems that may have been a factor in my rejection from DPMS. It seems coincidental that I had the interview for MSP on the same day I got rejected from DPMS. Pick one and apply would be my advise to future applicants. Good luck everyone.