Drexel IHS vs. SMP at a less known school

Started by mysturi0us
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mysturi0us

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so today i got accepted to a SMP at my undergraduate school (University at Buffalo). Before this acception, I was looking into the IHS program and was ready to accept. But before I am fully committed to Drexel, is there anyone that can give their opinions? advises? suggestions? anything would be great!
 
Besides the fact that the SMP is at your undergrad, what other factors enhance your application to be accepted into medical school? How familiar are you with the outcomes of individuals who go through the program? I am under the impression that the costs are much lower at your undergrad SMP since it is close to you.

How does lower cost compare to known results at Drexel?
Would you be waiting longer for results if you did the SMP at your undergrad or would it be sooner?

As far as I know, Drexel's IHS gets people into their medical school and other surrounding medical schools in PA.

I'd go with Drexel, hands down.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Its only an SMP if you take med school classes so can we all stop using the term SMP to refer to any rinkydink masters program that joeschmo university offers.

Not entirely directed at this thread but lately ppl think everything is an SMP.
 
Its only an SMP if you take med school classes so can we all stop using the term SMP to refer to any rinkydink masters program that joeschmo university offers.

Not entirely directed at this thread but lately ppl think everything is an SMP.

The second year of the IHS program is the MIHS program in which you actually do take medical school classes. So I guess this is an SMP...
 
The second year of the IHS program is the MIHS program in which you actually do take medical school classes. So I guess this is an SMP...
Ok then but the University at Buffalo one isn't as far as I know