DREXEL waitlist movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
tic112 said:
Hopefully, someone on this thread can help me out. I've been trying to withdraw my acceptance to Drexel for the past few days now. I've gotten no replies to my emails. Anyone know who I should be contacting (email or phone) to withdraw? Good luck to everyone waiting.

just call and wait to speak to someone, dont press any options...

Members don't see this ad.

I just called and spoke to someone in the admissions office... she told me that while there has been very little movement so far, they plan on having most of their waitlist movement occur in July. I don't know why or how they plan for that, but it sounds as though there's still hope.

holy sht i just got into Drexel...i had given up all hope for this year...OMG i am so excited...DONT GIVE UP HOPE PEOPLE!!

Members don't see this ad :)
smellydre said:
holy sht i just got into Drexel...i had given up all hope for this year...OMG i am so excited...DONT GIVE UP HOPE PEOPLE!!

Congrats. What did you do once you were placed on the waitlist (call, send letters, email, etc.)? I'm really starting to lose hope. :( Also, how were you notified? I'd welcome ANYONE'S response to this posting.

smellydre said:

Congrats. :thumbup: :thumbup:

i'll be relinquishing my spot tomorrow....good luck to all of you!

Those of you who were accepted from the waitlist, how were you notified?

smellydre said:
Congratulations! Feels good, doesnt it??

Thanks :D I got an email this morning to notify me, and it said they would be sending a packet in the mail soon.

After I was waitlisted, I sent a letter of intent to Drexel and also called them a few times to ask about my status (although they never really told me much...)

Hang in there you guys, I had given up all hope and was ready to go to plan B, so you never know! GOODLUCK!!! :luck:
dre

smellydre said:
Thanks :D I got an email this morning to notify me, and it said they would be sending a packet in the mail soon.

After I was waitlisted, I sent a letter of intent to Drexel and also called them a few times to ask about my status (although they never really told me much...)

Hang in there you guys, I had given up all hope and was ready to go to plan B, so you never know! GOODLUCK!!! :luck:
dre

at least it's nice to know they'll send an e-mail instead of waiting and hoping for that big packet to show up :D

i got an email today too! im totally in shock!

Congrats to those who got in today! Yeah it's definitely nice to see that the waitlist is moving via email instead of snail mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email acceptance not long ago. I called today to decline my spot, so good luck to those still waiting to hear!

Congrats :thumbup: to everyone who got accepted today and let's hope that we too would get that e-mail soon! :luck:

I heart inferno.

Congrats to all of you getting off the waitlist! If you any questions about what to do next, feel free to PM me.

For those of you still waiting, keep in mind that a few of my classmates literally got it in a few days before orientation, so hang in there!

Flick

Flick said:
Congrats to all of you getting off the waitlist! If you any questions about what to do next, feel free to PM me.

For those of you still waiting, keep in mind that a few of my classmates literally got it in a few days before orientation, so hang in there!

Flick
Thank you, Flick. I am on the waitlist and plan to visit my family abroad as soon as I get accepted. For all of us who are still hoping to get accepted this year, my advice is: "Hope for the best; prepare for the worst." I am hoping for getting accepted, and I write update letters to Drexel and send them through mail. I am also preparing for the worst by studying for the August MCAT again, and I have begun my appliction for the next year.

...but i relinquished my spot this morning. I really hope somebody on this thread takes it. There is still plenty of movement to be had folks! Hang in there!

For those in the wait list (including myself), in case we get accepted, the following link is very helpful---
http://webcampus.med.drexel.edu/osa/orientation/
It contains information about orientation days at Drexel, forms to fill out, housing, books.....etc.

You will not need to panic and think you are behind of everything once you get accepted. By reading the info in the above carefully, you can prepare a lot in advance. Hope this helps!!! :)

I've just re-read the waitlist letter and at the end of the letter Dr. Tunkel wrote, "We will inform you as soon as a final decision has been reached." Does this mean that they will tell me either way, accepted or rejected? I thought they only contacted me if they decided to accept me?

Also, has anyone been successful in getting a hold of Lisa Cifelli (director of admissions)? I've called her office every Tuesday and Friday but it seems like she's never in (always goes to the voicemail).

Reinhard said:
I've just re-read the waitlist letter and at the end of the letter Dr. Tunkel wrote, "We will inform you as soon as a final decision has been reached." Does this mean that they will tell me either way, accepted or rejected? I thought they only contacted me if they decided to accept me?

Also, has anyone been successful in getting a hold of Lisa Cifelli (director of admissions)? I've called her office every Tuesday and Friday but it seems like she's never in (always goes to the voicemail).

I think they will contact us by email if we get accepted. Let's wait until mid July for that. You might want to call the director of admissions on Thursday, to have a better chance of getting to talk to her. I heard Thursday is the day they usually meet and make decisions.

It seems to me that a few people heard last Wednesday. Does this have any significance? Anyone hear anything today so far?

yeah, i actually just received an email acceptance this afternoon. i'm most likely going to give up the spot, hopefully one of you will get it!

hi everyone,
well i've been lurking around this thread for a while now, and i finally decided to post, mostly out of sheer desperation (that's always fun :) ). anyway, i realize that this is a very personal question for most of us, but i can't help but ask, for all of the people who have been fortunate enough to get email acceptances off the drexel waitlist (yall should be very proud of yourselves btw), i was wondering if you might share some of your stats with us (e.g. mcat scores, gpa, and/or residency information) just so the rest of us can get some sense of where we may stand in the selection process.

of course I realize that so many other factors play a role in the selection process, especially at this late stage, but with all the talk about drexel trying to raise its average scores, i'm really curious to know if they really are focusing more on the numbers than they have in the past...again, i know a lot of people are not comfortable sharing such information, but if you are, any little bit would help. thanks! :)

ponce de leon said:
hi everyone,
well i've been lurking around this thread for a while now, and i finally decided to post, mostly out of sheer desperation (that's always fun :) ). anyway, i realize that this is a very personal question for most of us, but i can't help but ask, for all of the people who have been fortunate enough to get email acceptances off the drexel waitlist (yall should be very proud of yourselves btw), i was wondering if you might share some of your stats with us (e.g. mcat scores, gpa, and/or residency information) just so the rest of us can get some sense of where we may stand in the selection process.

of course I realize that so many other factors play a role in the selection process, especially at this late stage, but with all the talk about drexel trying to raise its average scores, i'm really curious to know if they really are focusing more on the numbers than they have in the past...again, i know a lot of people are not comfortable sharing such information, but if you are, any little bit would help. thanks! :)

Hey,
no worries, i lurked for quite a while before posting :) i just got off the waitlist at the end of june and i have a 31 and a 3.4 from UCLA. my numbers arent stellar, but my interview went really well ( i thought..) and i did write a letter of intent, i dont know if that helped at all. hope this helps, dont give up and goodluck. :luck:
dre

my stats are perfectly average: 30, 3.7--so don't worry about having to have a minimum of 32 to get in...that seems like bs to me. my interview was just okay as well, nothing spectacular. the interview with the student went realllly well though, but i'm not sure how much that affected any real decisions. and i didn't send anything in at all after the interview--no thank you letters, intent/interest letters, additional recs, update letters, not even any transcripts. i would guess you would probably have a better chance of getting in if you do, but rest assure you don't have to. gluck to everyone, i hope this helped!

Looks like they accepted fewer people yesterday than last week... *sigh*

Is this whole waitlist process driving anyone else I little crazy? I check my email more times throughout the day than I can count and go to bed thinking about it... this can't be healthy.

yep, i'm with ya on that one. i used to have my little sister check the mail religiously for me while i'm in the lab for a possible envelope. Then after we found out that you are notified via e-mail first, i get even less work done now cause i'm continually checking my e-mail :laugh:

PKSrugby said:
yep, i'm with ya on that one. i used to have my little sister check the mail religiously for me while i'm in the lab for a possible envelope. Then after we found out that you are notified via e-mail first, i get even less work done now cause i'm continually checking my e-mail :laugh:

I have Outlook open on my computer all day (with automatic checking every minute). Can you get worse than this? :D

Reinhard said:
I have Outlook open on my computer all day (with automatic checking every minute). Can you get worse than this? :D

hehe, how about having my web-based e-mail open (which does NOT have automatic checking), and still checking every minute? lol
:rolleyes:

I am also checking my emails so....so many times a day. Hopefully we will see what we have been waiting for......an acceptance from Drexel!
:) :D :luck:

If you guys had to choose.. would you pick Drexel or Michigan State?? Thanks for all your help.. I know someone else who got in off the waitlist three days ago.. and another person who just gave up a spot.. so hang in there guys.. you are bound to get in!

I got a personal phone call along with my acceptance email. Also, I called admissions the day before I was accepted and they told me that they would be giving offers up until the 1st day of orientation...So dont give up. Goodluck to everyone. (I was accepted on Wed 7/6)

PAPPAPPAP said:
I got a personal phone call along with my acceptance email. Also, I called admissions the day before I was accepted and they told me that they would be giving offers up until the 1st day of orientation...So dont give up. Goodluck to everyone. (I was accepted on Wed 6/6)

Do you mean you are accepted on July 6th, which is Wednesday? June 6th is not Wednesday. Anyway, congratulation!!!

I hope all of us on the waitlist will get accepted at Drexel this year. :) :luck: :D

yes, july 6th..sorry

It's Wednesday again, and I'm convinced that even (though the admissions office won't admit so) Drexel tends to accept people off the waitlist on Wednesdays. Has anyone heard from them recently?

KatyGrl1 said:
It's Wednesday again, and I'm convinced that even (though the admissions office won't admit so) Drexel tends to accept people off the waitlist on Wednesdays. Has anyone heard from them recently?

Yeah, I am sure some people will be accepted today. Let's hope that it will be our turn this time! :luck:

Reinhard said:
Yeah, I am sure some people will be accepted today. Let's hope that it will be our turn this time! :luck:

Cheers to that.

Hello, I just want to say: "Good luck to everyone on the wait list." Hopefully, we will hear from Drexel and get acceptances this week!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

So no one got that e-mail/call today? Please post if you did.

Reinhard said:
So no one got that e-mail/call today? Please post if you did.

maybe the drexel people read these boards and decided to torment us by mixing it up and accepting people tomorrow or friday :p

i am still waiting. i have been accepted to a masters program for the fall but i still havent lost all hope. my friends sort of make fun of me about it now. its like ummm maybe you should get over it.... but there is still a little bit of time.... right??? :scared:

for those of you still waiting, i withdrew from drexel yesterday. hope one of you gets my spot!

cromagnon said:
for those of you still waiting, i withdrew from drexel yesterday. hope one of you gets my spot!

A post like this gives me hope. :) Thanks and congrats, cromagnon!

brynn7 said:
i am still waiting. i have been accepted to a masters program for the fall but i still havent lost all hope. my friends sort of make fun of me about it now. its like ummm maybe you should get over it.... but there is still a little bit of time.... right??? :scared:

There is for sure time... or at least that's what I keep telling myself. :(

KatyGrl1 said:
There is for sure time... or at least that's what I keep telling myself. :(

Don't give up hope yet. I just got the call today :D Although technically it was yesterday, but stupid me decided to leave my cell phone in the car. Anyways, don't give up hope everyone!

PKSrugby said:
Don't give up hope yet. I just got the call today :D Although technically it was yesterday, but stupid me decided to leave my cell phone in the car. Anyways, don't give up hope everyone!

Congrats PKSrugby! :clap: So it could be a phone call or an e-mail...