DREXEL waitlist movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reinhard said:
Congrats PKSrugby! :clap: So it could be a phone call or an e-mail...

seems that it's the phone call first. I haven't received any e-mail yet, and the admissions director said they were doing all the acceptances by phone now first.
so change your phone # to a cell # where you can be reached at any time!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to all of you getting off the waitlist!

Looking forward to meeting some of you at orientation(which is going to be a lot of fun by the way)

Cheers,
Flick

Finally was able to speak with the director. She was very nice and told me I might or might not get in this year. :( The waitlist is ranked, but she couldn't tell me where I was on the waitlist. The class is currently not full (def. a good news) and they will be accepting people up to August 8th (which, I believe, is the first day of classes!).

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't give up yet. I got off the waitlist just yesterday and did not think i had a chance. It will happen when you least expect it. They are definately making phone calls first, then emailing a few hours letter. I wish you all the best of luck. :)

phishman10 said:
Don't give up yet. I got off the waitlist just yesterday and did not think i had a chance. It will happen when you least expect it. They are definately making phone calls first, then emailing a few hours letter. I wish you all the best of luck. :)

For those who just got off the wait-list...is this your only acceptance or are you going to withdraw from somewhere else? If so, where are you withdrawing from?

PKSrugby said:
Don't give up hope yet. I just got the call today :D Although technically it was yesterday, but stupid me decided to leave my cell phone in the car. Anyways, don't give up hope everyone!

Congratulations!!!
:) :D

phishman10 said:

Congratulations for your acceptance!!! :) :D
And thank you for wishing us best of luck.

Again, congrats to you all :) , and thanks for the information re: the phone calls. Now I can start obsessing over my telephone and not my email. I'm accepted at the Medical College of Ohio, and although I'm sure it's a wonderful school, for obvious reasons, I'd rather end up in Philly than in Toldeo, Ohio. I also know that I should be thankful that I have just one acceptance, so I'm not complaining either.

KatyGrl1 said:
Again, congrats to you all :) , and thanks for the information re: the phone calls. Now I can start obsessing over my telephone and not my email. I'm accepted at the Medical College of Ohio, and although I'm sure it's a wonderful school, for obvious reasons, I'd rather end up in Philly than in Toldeo, Ohio. I also know that I should be thankful that I have just one acceptance, so I'm not complaining either.

For those who just got in, congrats...may ask I where you are withdrawing from?

threeeyedfrog said:
For those who just got in, congrats...may ask I where you are withdrawing from?

drexel was the only one i got into. i pretty much applied to philly schools to stay close to home. i wish i could say i was withdrawing for another school to help out :(

keep your hopes up though, i've been talking to Drexel people about getting into the PIL program, and the lady kept mentioning that students are accepted up until the first day of class.

if anyone gets accepted last minute and needs somewhere to crash while looking for an apartment, let me know. i'm gonna go apartment hunting this weekend :)

yeah really? anyone get off the waitlist recently or know if drexel is still accepting people?

reapplying is so depressing..

Retrovyrus said:
yeah really? anyone get off the waitlist recently or know if drexel is still accepting people?

Dont give up hope kids. I got in today and they said the class was still not full. I know several students at Drexel that got in less than a week before class started, so Im sure some people will be hearing in the next few days.

Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad :)
just wanted to let you all know that my friend just got accepted to another school off their waitlist so she is withdrawing her acceptance to drexel. that means there is at least one more spot in there :)

I got accepted today... what a relief! Don't give up hope, and do whatever you can to let them know you are still interested. I Fed-Exed a last minute letter of intent and have a feeling that it made the difference. :D

KatyGrl1 said:
I got accepted today... what a relief! Don't give up hope, and do whatever you can to let them know you are still interested. I Fed-Exed a last minute letter of intent and have a feeling that it made the difference. :D

congrats katygrl and allen! look forward to meeting you at orientation/classes :D

congrats katygrl1! now I wish I got that acceptance phone call... I sent in a LOI last week... hopefully it'll work for me too!

KatyGrl1 said:

KatyGrl1 said:

Hey congrats KatyGrl1! :thumbup: You must be so relieved right now. Wish I could say the same. Spoke with the director again today. She told me to call her again on Thursday! *sigh* I really don't know what to do anymore. I am really tempted to whip out another LOI right now, though I doubt it will have any effect...

Congratulations!!! KatyGrl1 :thumbup:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I am so happy. Hopefully I will get an acceptance too. :D :)

For other people on the wait list, wish you all "best of luck":luck: :luck: :luck:

Reinhard said:
Hey congrats KatyGrl1! :thumbup: You must be so relieved right now. Wish I could say the same. Spoke with the director again today. She told me to call her again on Thursday! *sigh* I really don't know what to do anymore. I am really tempted to whip out another LOI right now, though I doubt it will have any effect...

How did you manage to get in touch with the director? do you have the number to a direct line to her office? everytime I call the secretary answers and doesnt let me speak to her.

Reinhard said:

How did you manage to get in touch with the director? do you have the number to a direct line to her office? everytime I call the secretary answers and doesnt let me speak to her.

Mrs. Lisa Cifelli is the director of admissions at Drexel . She will be in her office on Tuesday and Thursday. The phone number in her office is 215 991 8588.

Do you just ask her flat out if you are going to get in this year? I thought they aren't allowed to provide much information over the phone anyway.

hi guys,

has anyone heard anything? think there will be more movement this week? i wonder when these damn admissions comm. meet . . .

thatthing05 said:
hi guys,

has anyone heard anything? think there will be more movement this week? i wonder when these damn admissions comm. meet . . .

Please do not say such thing to the admissions committee. They are working very hard. :)

OK, I called the director's office about a couple hours ago but she didn't pick up so I left a voicemail, asking her to return my call. So far she hasn't. :mad: Now I am going crazy b/c I thought today was the day I would finally find out my fate after months of waiting! I REALLY don't want to wait until next Tuesday to learn the final decision!

Anyway, anyone successful in getting a hold of her today? Or any news at all?

Reinhard said:
Anyway, anyone successful in getting a hold of her today? Or any news at all?

Answering my own question, Lisa finally just called me. She said the office was shut down due to a power outage caused by the heat wave! :eek: The class is still full and I am #4 on the waitlist. :( I am at my wit's end.

FYI, she mentioned that they took a lot more people than usual from the waitlist this time (~30 as opposed to just one last year).

Reinhard said:
FYI, she mentioned that they took a lot more people than usual from the waitlist this time (~30 as opposed to just one last year).

Thank you for your information, Reinhard. Hopefully we get accepted at Drexel. :)
Prepare to take MCAT again and reapply, just in case you do not get in. :)

Reinhard said:

just to clarify, the power outage is true. I was at PIL orientation today and we had a wicked thunderstorm last night and the power was out from 6:30 PM last night until around 2 PM in the afternoon today. I'll have my fingers crossed for you Reinhard! Here's to hoping you see some movement

PKSrugby said:
I'll have my fingers crossed for you Reinhard! Here's to hoping you see some movement

Thanks PKSrugby! I hope to join you this year! :) And good luck to Paing and all the others waiting! :luck:

Reinhard said:
Answering my own question, Lisa finally just called me. She said the office was shut down due to a power outage caused by the heat wave! :eek: The class is still full and I am #4 on the waitlist. :( I am at my wit's end.

wow, will the director actually give us our waitlist rank now if we ask?

No movement today. :( I guess everyone showed up at the orientation. Only 7 more days left...

Reinhard said:
No movement today. :( I guess everyone showed up at the orientation. Only 7 more days left...

Just wandering what you meant by "7 more days"?
I suppose you were refering to the first day of class.

Am i wrong to assume that if there is no movement by first day of orientation then its over? As sad as it sounds to me i'm waving the white flag :( what do you all think? is it too late or what!!!

smellycat22 said:
Just wandering what you meant by "7 more days"?
I suppose you were refering to the first day of class.

Am i wrong to assume that if there is no movement by first day of orientation then its over? As sad as it sounds to me i'm waving the white flag :( what do you all think? is it too late or what!!!

I think it's too late now. For those who did not get in year 2005, plan to reapply. Don't give up. Study for MCAT if you need to. Keep working and studying hard.

For me, I felt deep sorrow inside yesterday on Tuesday when the director of admission bid me farewall and told me to take care, after she told me that every student showed up on the orientation day. However, we can still hope for miracles. :) :) :)

Best wishes to you all who are still on the waitlist. Do not forget that when one door closes, another door opens. People will get what they deserve.

Metta to all