driving from Providence to Dartmouth?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

P60001

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am flying into Providence and driving to Hanover for an interview at Dartmouth in a few weeks and I would like to know how long it takes to drive? Yahoo says ~3.5 hours, but it does not seem that far. Also, does anyone have any impresions of DMS that they would be willing to share? I have read many some-what negative sounding replies about the rural nature of its location, but is that from students accustomed to city living? Also, can anyone explain the nature of their "base loan"?
Thanks- :)

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by P60001:
•I am flying into Providence and driving to Hanover for an interview at Dartmouth in a few weeks and I would like to know how long it takes to drive? Yahoo says ~3.5 hours, but it does not seem that far. Also, does anyone have any impresions of DMS that they would be willing to share? I have read many some-what negative sounding replies about the rural nature of its location, but is that from students accustomed to city living? Also, can anyone explain the nature of their "base loan"?
Thanks- :) •••••I think 3 hours would be more reasonable assuming there is no traffic.
Or you may want to take Bonanza shuttle from Providence airport to Boston and there is a shuttle(either greyhound or Dartmouth coach) that goes from Boston to Hanover.
Only if you don't feel like driving.

Like others, all I can say is be prepared to see a very rural school. The whole town of Hanover revolves around Dartmouth. The school is beautiful and the education is top notch. If you are a type of person that loves outdoor activities (especially in the winter, as I do), you'll be fine.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.