Driving Records

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do Pharmacy schools have any access to driving records? I've had speeding tickets in just about every state I've driven in. Most of them are 10-20 mph over the limit, but a couple of them are 60+ mph over the limit. Any chance that the ADCOMS can find out about this or will even care about it?

Members don't see this ad.

Do Pharmacy schools have any access to driving records? I've had speeding tickets in just about every state I've driven in. Most of them are 10-20 mph over the limit, but a couple of them are 60+ mph over the limit. Any chance that the ADCOMS can find out about this or will even care about it?

WTF? Why are you still driving???

I wish I could remember the details, but at my interview at A&M they mentioned everything you've done being reviewed for some kind of internship or something... Even stuff like minor traffic violations. Maybe somebody who knows what I'm talking about will come around.

Members don't see this ad :)

The same reason that half the population has a license when they really shouldn't - car companies make more money when people have a license and want a vehicle.

Knick is right, when you apply for your internship license you'll have to disclose it all to the state board. If you don't tell them and they find out on their own (and they will find out) they will not be happy and then they will make you not happy.

The major speeding violations were not in my home state so I don't get suspended.

Second, I always plea not guilty. Half the time the case gets dismissed because the officer never shows up, or there is some error and the other state thinks its not worth it. And unless it is DUI, the district attorneys will offer you a plea bargain, severely reducing any points and fines.

And the reason I haven't been hauled to jail for speeding, I only speed on the Interstate Highways and roads that are somewhat close to Autobahn conditions.

AFAIK, if it isn't a misdemeanor or a felony, and it is just a minor traffic violation, it most likely wont show up/they wont care. The speeding tickets that are +20 MPH over the speed limit might be a little sketchy, and might qualify as misdemeanors, I'm not sure though, and it probably depends on the state in which the violation happened.

You could try calling the school up anonymously, or maybe get in touch with a student you know that goes to the school that might know. Or even go as far as trying to contact the state pharmacy licensing board and ask them if your speeding history disqualifies you from an internship license. Even if it is a misdemeanor or a felony, it might not be an indisputable problem.

When someone from the state board came to talk to my class about intern licenses, they said to put down everything, even moving violations. They said they probably wouldn't care about it and it wouldn't stop you from getting your intern license, but if you don't put it when they find out abouit it you will be in trouble with them.

I'm begining to think this person's full of it. First you have that other pointless thread where you say you weigh prescriptions rather than counting them and now you're telling us you have dozens of speeding tickets with more than one of them being 60+ over the limit? :eek:

I'm begining to think you are just posting this stuff for attention or you're simply an idiot.

I'm begining to think this person's full of it. First you have that other pointless thread where you say you weigh prescriptions rather than counting them and now you're telling us you have dozens of speeding tickets with more than one of them being 60+ over the limit? :eek:

I'm begining to think you are just posting this stuff for attention or you're simply an idiot.

I know... I thought this guy/girl was a troll first time I read this thread (taking into an account his/her previous posts)

AFAIK, if it isn't a misdemeanor or a felony, and it is just a minor traffic violation, it most likely wont show up/they wont care. The speeding tickets that are +20 MPH over the speed limit might be a little sketchy, and might qualify as misdemeanors, I'm not sure though, and it probably depends on the state in which the violation happened.

You could try calling the school up anonymously, or maybe get in touch with a student you know that goes to the school that might know. Or even go as far as trying to contact the state pharmacy licensing board and ask them if your speeding history disqualifies you from an internship license. Even if it is a misdemeanor or a felony, it might not be an indisputable problem.

Speeding over 20mph a misdemeanor? :rolleyes: :laugh:

PS I wish my car could go 60 mph above the speed limit.. :hardy:

Speeding over 20mph a misdemeanor? :rolleyes: :laugh:

PS I wish my car could go 60 mph above the speed limit.. :hardy:

In the state where I live, yes. If you speed over 25MPH of the speed limit, it's a misdemeanor (so maybe not exactly 20MPH, I didn't exactly remember, but 25MPH is pretty close):

Driving 25 MPH or more in excess of either the reasonable and prudent
speed or the 75 MPH maximum limit is a Class 2 Misdemeanor Traffic
Offense. '42-4-1101(12) The sanctions for this offense are a jail term of
10 to 90 days and/or a fine of $10 to $300. '42-4-1701(3)(a)(II)

www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/enforce/speedlaws501/toc/cospeed.pdf

WOw thanks never visiting colorado when I am driving LOL :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
60+ over the limit is not impossible. If the speed limit is 55 mph, all you gotta get to is 115 mph, and unless you car has power issues, or you are driving against the wind, it is pretty easy. At this point, changing lanes and timing gets tricky. Basically, I was at 130 mph, my radar detector went off, but because my brake pads are in ****ty shape, I was only able to slow down to 110 mph by the time I saw the cop.

This was in Penn.

depending on where you live....everyone has access to driving records lol, there are websites where you can look this stuff up....

for example in my county:

http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/Courts/flash.asp

you have to click case information online (on the right), scroll down to accpet then you can search anyone that might have been convicted in the county...yes even minor violations show up (having a dog without a liscence!!) if I were adcom I would look up applicants....man some people from my HS are in jail for assault with a deadly weapon, etc. lol crazy

so there are ways they can find out info about you and what type of person you are....don't know if it will be used against you though!

Yeah speeding is not too bad....they just might have fun finding gossip on you, might not really influence their decision.

lol

I actually got a speeding ticket on my way to the UCSF interview for going 90 in a 70 (on a highway it was a 7 hour drive).

The cop was southbound on the freeway, flipped a bitch & came northbound to pull me over, said he used the radar...how is this possible lol? He pulled over 2 cars too....me and an old man...wrote me up for speeding, tinted windows, and blacked out taillights....

thinking of paying it and going to traffic school (about $200 total)....after hearing all of your stories I might consider fighting it, if possible

Yeah, well I guess if you're a drug addict or drug dealer, then its a good thing that they can search for you, but speeding?

Again, as others have mentioned, speeding can become criminal and thus a misdemeanor or a felony. If you're willing to break the law to get some place a little faster, who's to say you won't break the law to do other things? It speaks to your character. AFAIK schools now do background checks. I'm not sure if they do it before or after you're accepted though. Find out for yourself ahead of time if they were convictions and more than just traffic penalties. If they are, and the application asks you to note these things, do it.

I'm going to agree with you on this one. He's probably some high school kid with no chance of attending pharmd school.

60+ over the limit is not impossible. If the speed limit is 55 mph, all you gotta get to is 115 mph, and unless you car has power issues, or you are driving against the wind, it is pretty easy. At this point, changing lanes and timing gets tricky. Basically, I was at 130 mph, my radar detector went off, but because my brake pads are in ****ty shape, I was only able to slow down to 110 mph by the time I saw the cop.

This was in Penn.

What kind of car do you have?

how is this possible lol?

If they can catch you from the back then they can catch you from the front too.. :idea:

If they can catch you from the back then they can catch you from the front too.. :idea:

OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS???

i knew that, im not an idiot

but i have always heard that a cop must use the radar in a specific way, not while driving unless another cop is with him....you know, all these rules they must follow when using it....thats why you always see them pulled over using it! This cop was driving alone and looked over and then turned around...seemed kinda shady considering I was only going prob 80 or so and just keeping up with traffic, but o well :cool:

Traffic tickets has nothing to do with ADCOMS wtf, why not tell them about ur family life too and ever single thing that happen in your life. I mean if u killed someone while driving then yeah be worried or got into major trouble while driving then it can haunt u. That wasnt even the question asked though, even if u go to get an intern license it dosnt matter unless its serious but by then ur driving license will be revoked. They are not the police to monitor u, thats why there are laws that suspend ur license if u get alot of tickets or u go to prison if u do bad things.

Im going to make a thread that says "im fat will adcoms care" btw im not fat lol or "will adcoms care if i got a divorce" cmon.

What kind of car do you have?

My civic in factory condition can get over 100mph. Most mid-level coupes and sedans can do 115 or so before the limiter kicks in.

but i have always heard that a cop must use the radar in a specific way, not while driving unless another cop is with him...

You've probably heard a lot of crap that isn't true about this, lol. Modern radar guns can account for the difference in movement and angle and still give an accurate reading.

My civic in factory condition can get over 100mph. Most mid-level coupes and sedans can do 115 or so before the limiter kicks in.

You've probably heard a lot of crap that isn't true about this, lol. Modern radar guns can account for the difference in movement and angle and still give an accurate reading.

What is the limiter? I guess it has to do with when your RPM gage goes to the red mark?

i think its called a governor (not sure though if its the exact same as a limiter)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_%28device%29

i think its called a governor (not sure though) ...again just what ive heard haha

Hmm I have heard about governors on trains but I always thought you can take the car as fast as it can before it breaks down.. Though even RPMs are steady once you go to a steady higher speed. It only really changes when you are accelerating or deaccelerating.

Stock Honda Accord, the highest speed I've achieved was 131 mph, can go higher if it wasn't electronically limited.

You need to tell us whether you are a troll or not. If you are not sure what a troll is look it up in an urban dictionary. We are dying to know. :luck:

Also are you in HS or have you really taken ochem ?

My accord is third hand and i think the accords from 97 are underpowered anyway

For those of you that didn't catch it it's been confirmed that Sparda29 is a

troll. This is the only picture of te troll i could find on such short notice.

troll.jpg

You need to tell us whether you are a troll or not. If you are not sure what a troll is look it up in an urban dictionary. We are dying to know. :luck:

Also are you in HS or have you really taken ochem ?

Well, half-troll. I really did take O-Chem, messed up the first time through and aced it the second time.

The 480 pills thing, I was kidding. I would just count 60 out 8 times.

I really did apply to 4 schools. The post office probably messed up in forwarding things to my PO box because the schools used pre-sorted mailing. They throw out anything pre-sorted.

Well, half-troll. I really did take O-Chem, messed up the first time through and aced it the second time.

The 480 pills thing, I was kidding. I would just count 60 out 8 times.

I really did apply to 4 schools. The post office probably messed up in forwarding things to my PO box because the schools used pre-sorted mailing. They throw out anything pre-sorted.

There is no such thing as half a troll that's like being half-pregnant. :laugh:

Calm down. You will get your drivers licence taken away far before this will stop you from being a pharmacist. SLOW DOWN!

so now its the post offices fault for what, not mailing you your rejections on a timely manner...... it keeps getting more and more entertaining.

Having worked for the post office many years ago, I can say without a doubt, you're full of it. You don't have a clue what pre-sorted means apparently.

And frankly, if you didn't bother to notify the schools that your address had changed, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Never mind, they didn't lose it, I actually went to my PO Box earlier this week. There is just a 1-2 week delay to process the forwarding service, and then some more delays when pulling the mail, and re-addressing to the PO Box.

I was getting like no mail 3 weeks ago, but I guess they caught up to the lag, now the mail is surging in. I just got bills and things that were addressed to me 4 weeks ago.

I wish I could remember the details, but at my interview at A&M they mentioned everything you've done being reviewed for some kind of internship or something... Even stuff like minor traffic violations. Maybe somebody who knows what I'm talking about will come around.

I know this thread's been deemed BS but the topic itself has merit. A pharmacist intern at my pharmacy was just telling me yesterday that her professors gave the students a talk about behaving VERY WELL now that they are pharmacy students. When you apply to take the NAPLEX (I'm guessing whether you disclose or not, although full disclosure is usually a better idea) if you have even speeding tickets, it will take longer for them to process your application because they have to look into everything. I don't know if this can hurt you in ways other than maybe missing a NAPLEX date and having to wait until the next one.