Driving to SC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Triangulation

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Perhaps more important than applying for housing is applying for parking!!! Lot 71, the closest to PSC goes way fast, so be sure to apply for parking permits early (like now!!)

Members don't see this ad.

Oooh... thanks for the tip... is the Biggy structure that much farther away... I noticed it's about 100 bucks cheaper....

Crap. I don't even know which one that is. I'll have to ask. does it say where it is on biggy?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm... I went to the parking website to apply for a permit but it said that no permits were being sold at this time. I wonder when they will be available....

Oops, never mind... parking at Lot 71 is ~$234 and at Biggy structure it's around $328. Lot 71 is cheaper. Besides, I don't even know where Biggy structure is.

The Biggy parking lot is the new one...over by the railroad tracks. Unless you plan on staying on campus, it might be cheaper to park at the meters everyday. It's $0.25 for each hour.

Wow, really? It's a quarter for 8 minutes at UCLA... what a rip off. I guess meters are the way to go for commuters, but I plan on living on campus.

So, the transportation website says that permits will go on sale May 15th at 8:30 am. So, until then......

hey everyone, i'm not a pharm student but i share the HSC campus with you. just wanted to clarify that the biggy structure is an actual parking structure (multi-leveled) that is across the street from Lot 71. biggy is the most expensive because it's the closest and it provides covered parking. the new lot near the railroad tracks is the cheapest out of the three, but also the furthest. if you get to school early, there are some streets that offer 10 hour parking for $0.25 an hour, but these spots fill up fast. the rest of the street parking is also $0.25 an hour, but have 4 hour limits. see ya around.

Originally posted by Sukie
Hmmm... I went to the parking website to apply for a permit but it said that no permits were being sold at this time. I wonder when they will be available....

Oops, never mind... parking at Lot 71 is ~$234 and at Biggy structure it's around $328. Lot 71 is cheaper. Besides, I don't even know where Biggy structure is.

Sorry for the goof. I knew what the Biggy structure was but I guess my head wasn't all there when I wrote the post. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that those rates are per semester, not for the entire year.

There are many different philosophies on the whole parking thing. Last semester, I tried the parking in the free street parking ec tues and weds (street cleaning) when i parked in meters. It's a tough road to hoe. You kinda never know where you're gonna land up and will invariably get a grip of parking tickets for messin something up. In the end I don't think i saved much, and landed up way more stressed. I got a 71 permit this semester and it's been 200 proof liquor the whole way. But Liz is right, that if you're really on top of things you don't need a permit. I am clearly on the bottom of things, so I'll take the Lot 71 sticker in my windshield.