Technology DROID vs. iPhone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That would be Joel Rubenstein. He knows he f---ed up, he's as much as admitted it. A lot of good that does now, though.

http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/04/08/palm-ceo-puts-his-cards-on-the-table/
He was also fired from apple a few years ago

Psst... blue dog his name is Jon not Joel

Members don't see this ad.

Palm assets are being shopped around to the highest bidder so can we write-off Palm now?

Blessing in disguise. Palm has assets -- and what a better way then to sell them off to a company that needs to defend itself (HTC). The stocks are up, so like I said before, it was the time to buy, you would have made a nice profit.

Palm has a good OS, one of the best if you ask me, but their hardware was terrible. By pairing with HTC, Lenovo or CISCO Palm should live on with the best of both hard and software.

I don't see them killing of Palm -- they name still has brand recognition. Their first step after getting their new round of funding will be to expand to more carriers -- seriously, big mistake going exclusively with Sprint for the first 6 months. I think we can all agree with that.

Members don't see this ad :)
The unofficial word is that Verizon is releasing the HTC Incredible, basically a better version of the Nexus One, on April 29. 3.7" OLED screen, 1 GHz CPU, FM tuner, 8 MP camera, dual LED flash, runs Android 2.1 and HTC Sense.

The HTC EVO 4G looks even better, although it will be a Sprint phone.

correction now: "did release" the HTC Incredible, and it lives up to its name. It is better than the evo, and droid original now. The comparison now perhaps should be: Incredible vs. iPhone 4 vs. Tilt2 vs. Evo vs. BB 9700 ? Just to cast the net wide and compare several different carriers and operating systems.

Apparently, the HTC Aria is coming out June 20, on ATT, and possibly more droid phones on ATT in 2nd or 3rd quarter: Dell Aero, Dell Thunder, Dell Flash sometime in 2011. You can even find the Dell Aero on ATT's website, but only via a google search. Doesn't appear to have any internal links to it yet. http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-sales/promotion/aero.jsp - it will have a stylus! (Tilt2 has a stylus also)