pillowfighty

2+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2018
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
My first gen chem class was in fall 2019 and I got a FW on my transcript due to becoming really sick and not attending the last few weeks of class, then retook it this summer of 2020 so that old grade is now overwritten with a B. Now with the 2nd semester of gen chem, I'm not doing well and currently can barely pass with a low C. Is it better to be safe and drop and have an excused withdrawal on my transcript (I have one other W that occurred in Fall 2019 as well, so in total it would make 3 if I take this one) or risk the pass/no pass scenario but potentially have a D on there?

I'm a sophomore with a 3.21 gpa, and I currently have A's in my gen bio and calc1 classes, if that helps.

Just a general note, I don't know if there is a difference to how admissions sees regular W's and excused/extended W's.

Mar 4, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Podiatry
I say you should do your best and pass with a C, then do better in Organic Chem and upper division sciences. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user

lull

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2018
I think you should meet with your professor before withdrawing the class.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads