drop calc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hypaspist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hiya guys I would really love some sound advice on whether or not to drop multivariable this quarter.

I just got my first midterm back and things are really not looking too hot.. 28/50 :(. That being said, the average in the class was a 31/50 with a standard dev of 10 (i'm not too sure what that means for me), with a set class average of a 2.7 I think? I really only need to take it for my major (i'm a 2nd year) and math is really the death of me. Not trying to make excuses, but I really put the time to study and really just did not perform as well as I'd hoped come test day..

I've heard people getting about the same grade as that from different professors and working their tails off to get a 3.4 if that counts for anything... Do you think I should use my annual late-"W" and wait until summer/senior year or just see where the chips fall?

By the way... sorry for being another one of those posters haha :D

Members don't see this ad.

I should have probably looked to see if there was an exact thread right below this one..

Drop it.

I took Calc III with 21 credits working full time and my GPA never fully recovered. :bang:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to complete the VERY last math class I'll ever have to take for my biochem major...

Man up. Finish it.

Nah, drop it if it's going to be a problem.

yeah multi is calc 3 at my school. I probably am gonna drop it -- I've been on the fence for a while and figured its not worth the headache and I could probably find a professor/TA that I can learn better from. This whole quarter's been straight out of the book for me. I just gotta absolutely kill my other classes with the extra time

thanks for the feeedbacccckkk!