Drop physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gcuvier

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So it appears that I bit off more than I could chew and decided to take 6 classes this semester.

1. French II (1-year graduation requirement)
2. Organic Chemistry I
3. College Physics I
4. Cell Biology
5. Honors Seminar (Required Honors Program intro course)
6. Biology elective

Being a transfer student from a CC, not only must I acclimate to a bigger school, but to the huge courseload (most classes I've ever taken is 4). This semester has only begun, yet I've already bombed two quizzes and a lab all due to putting all my energy towards Orgo. Would it be a good idea to drop physics and take it my senior year? I'd be risking my "restarted" GPA if I were to continue with physics. I don't want to seem like a wimp but it is what it is. Please advise.

Thanks
 
Agreed, when I transferred, I only took one science my fall semester to find my groove with the pace of courses.