drop worst year?

Noroozi

15+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2004
Toronto
    Hi

I did poorly in my first year of university. Just wondering if any schools in the states would drop the worst academic year under some circumstances. I know university of toronto drops the worst year if 4 years are completed.

Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jan 24, 2004
    Cleveland (ON, Can)
    1. Dentist
      I think just as long as you keep a good academic standing in the other 3 years then you should be fine. They will most likely ignore the 1st year grades if they see your GPA increasing one year after another. During the interview, they may be curious and ask you to give an explanation for your 1st year result though.

About the Ads

Thaxil

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Oct 5, 2003
      myrtle Beach, SC
      1. Dentist
        Since you are a Canadian, I am unaware of possible answers for you. I had tried to do a similar thing here in US. I was aware an policy in my CC that stated two terms may be dropped from your calculated GPA if you should significant improvement in grade and have a significant hardship. I thought this was the solution to my GPA troubles, but find out that they can not erase your grades; they must remain on record, but are taking out of my CC GPA calculation. Also since, I did already repeat the course I royally screwed, the grades have been replaced and this process would not change a thing. Anyhow, even if I was able to do this process, it still would not help, because the grade remained on record and D-school will still use them to calculate my GPA.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.