Dropped Courses

Started by jb4teen
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jb4teen

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I've already been accepted into NOVA and PCO. This semester I am taking a class that I am doing poorly in. (Its kinda hard to concentrate on the grades after being accepted) I am thinking about dropping it. It isn't important as I'll never use its info and isn't a pre-req. It won't affect my acceptance into nova or pco. But I am still thinking of applying to Waterloo. Will it look bad having a W on my transricpts? Or will it even matter since I've been doing good in all my other courses and had never withdrawn from a class before? I think it'll look bad having a C in my 3.6 GPA. Also, it feels like a big waste of time finnishing it for a C. Any advice would be appreciated.
 
Hey,

I think it should be ok, as your GPA is pretty high and the course isn't a pre-req. I have a W on my transcript from orgo 2. But after I retook it, I got an A-. Perhaps you should try calling the school?

Ning-Ju