dropping classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Becca

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering if they really pay close attention to how many classes you have dropped when applying for med school. i have dropped 3 through out the last 3 years. now, i'm registering for classes, and i see that i could graduate in december. however, i think i would rather take light loads and grad in may 2003, but that would mean i wouldn't have 12 hours each semester. to make a long story short, i would take an extra class and drop it so i would be registered for a full load and could still be covered on insurance. bad idea?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if that's a bad idea or not. As for the dropped classes thing, I think some schools pay more attention to them than others. I had at least 3 W's on my transcript (don't remember how many exactly) and it didn't seem to hurt me at all. :)

guys, i would really like some input on this if you have any ideas. thanx.

Members don't see this ad :)
In general, dropped classes look bad. Especially a couple. Some schools take more notice than others. Our advisor would kill us for dropping a class. I would keep the class and take a fun easy class to fill the full time requirements in the subsequent semesters.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by lamyers:
•I would keep the class and take a fun easy class to fill the full time requirements in the subsequent semesters.•••••Lamyers speaks true. :)

Like I said, it looks worse at some schools than at others. Either way, it's not the best idea. Take the cake courses that will be fun.

Dropped or withdrew? At my school, no one ever knows if you drop a class by the end of the "drop period" about halfway into the semester. A withdraw, on the other hand, can happen any time and goes down on your transcript. I wouldn't worry if it's just 2-4, i had that many easy. What really hurts are W-Fs where you were failing and withdrew. I had to explain that one EVERYWHERE. --Trek