DrPH Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abelink

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Given that DrPH degrees weigh work experience fairly heavily, how important is undergraduate GPA? For johns hopkins health management and leadership program, would an undergrad GPA of about 3.0 be prohibitive if one had a masters degree (MHS with a 3.8 GPA) from johns hopkins school of public health, with excellent GRE scores (97th percentile verbal 800/800 quantitative) and 5 years of progressive work experience in healthcare managment (recently promoted and put into succession planning for director level positions)? I'm just not sure how grade oriented these schools are.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Pretty sure they won't care about your undergrad GPA.

Given that DrPH degrees weigh work experience fairly heavily, how important is undergraduate GPA? For a top ranked health management and leadership program, would an undergrad GPA of about 3.0 be prohibitive if one had a masters degree (MHS with a 3.8 GPA) from the same school of public health that one was applying to, with excellent GRE scores (97th percentile) and 5 years of progressive work experience in healthcare managment? I'm just not sure how grade oriented these schools are.

In my opinion, your graduate GPA, GRE scores, and work experience will be reviewed more by the program. Obviously, none of us have a crystal ball (otherwise, this process would be REALLY easy!). If there is a specific reason your undergrad GPA was not higher, shortly address it in your statement of purpose. Otherwise, I would think you'd be good to go! Good luck to you!:luck: