DSM Criteria vignettes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phdpsyd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find some vignettes online that focus on DSM criteria to help me study? I search the previous posts and only found one that went unanswered a few years ago.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know where I can find some vignettes online that focus on DSM criteria to help me study? I search the previous posts and only found one that went unanswered a few years ago.

Thanks!

there's the dsm casebook and the dsm study guide, both which have case studies. do you have access to the SCID? the back of the SCID overview has character profiles that you can have a partner read and base thier answers on, for training. i bet most of us have friends who went through a rough patch, if only in high school and i gave my 1st SCID for practice to a friend. giving it really helped me understand better what clinically significant means and how important it is that the symptoms really meet the severity criteria and much information you want to gather to really rule out differential diagnosis.

Thanks!

I don't know what level class you are studying for and I'd guess that your study materials would appropriately vary depending upon level of difficulty but there are many books that handle diagnostics and understanding the DSM. I can't recommend any b/c I never read them but your library might have some available. The grad student I mentor had one that I glanced at a few weeks ago. DSM Made Easy or something similar...

Maybe your library has it already on the shelves...

Good luck.

Thanks!

PsychiatryOnline. Your library should allow you access to it, and you have access to the entire DSM-IV-TR, with an exceptional number of case studies/vignettes.