This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYUyankeezfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So since we're getting closer to 2020 with each day that passes, I was wondering if there's an up-to-date list of internal medicine programs that are either dual-accredited or are at least applying for the ACGME accreditation. The AOA website isn't very helpeful. I'm interested in places that have solid programs, but I have on clue as to whether or not they'll apply for ACGME. Not interested in the NMP/AOA match.

Members don't see this ad.

So since we're getting closer to 2020 with each day that passes, I was wondering if there's an up-to-date list of internal medicine programs that are either dual-accredited or are at least applying for the ACGME accreditation. The AOA website isn't very helpeful. I'm interested in places that have solid programs, but I have on clue as to whether or not they'll apply for ACGME. Not interested in the NMP/AOA match.

AOA Opportunities website has this information. Beyond what's on there and taking it with a grain of salt, I'd look into actually contacting the programs.

AOA Opportunities: http://opportunities.osteopathic.or...sionid=BB3252010BD2F0CD7B5C8001F1D51B67.cf104
-You can select dual-accredited programs only - be aware that some may only take DOs in the AOA match, so that's something you should know before you apply
-You can also just search for programs in your area, and if you click on the program (and they actually answered the question) it indicates whether they are planning to apply for ACGME accreditation, when, and if they've already applied

ACGME Applicant Site: https://apps.acgme.org/ads/Public/Reports/Report/18
-This website shows you which programs have applied and what status they currently have (pre-accredited, initial accreditation, etc.)
-This is an active database, so as programs get added, you can rerun the report and see the new places

Reactions: 1 users