MD & DO Dual Applying specialities and different hospitals in the same medical system

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cadingcading

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the consensus on dual applying to different hospitals in the same medical system (for example applying two different hospitals in Kaiser or HCA Health care systems)? I know applying in the same hospital is a bad bad idea.

Members don't see this ad.

Why is applying in the same hospital a bad idea? I'm doing that at a bunch of places. They'll never find out

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard they talk and to avoid it.

People who say that are being paranoid. There's like a 1% chance the PD's of distinct specialties will even interact in the next few months, and if they do, they aren't going to pull out a list of their applicants and compare them with each other lol.

Reactions: 1 user
People who say that are being paranoid. There's like a 1% chance the PD's of distinct specialties will even interact in the next few months, and if they do, they aren't going to pull out a list of their applicants and compare them with each other lol.

Meh, I could easily see this happening with something like vascular and general surgery.

Reactions: 1 user
Meh probably not gonna happen. I do both urology and Obgyn residency interviews and this happened once And I knew about it because the person talked to me Ahead of time. I would never have known otherwise and I kept my mouth shut.