dual enroll?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mestizo212

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im in a CC right now. i plan to transfer to a 4 year university. the thing is...i love the chem teacher that im taking now. he is awesome at teaching and i actually understand chem! so my question is...would it look bad if i took all my upper level science courses in the 4 year except for chemistry? i want to dual enroll and take my chem classes at the CC. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

im in a CC right now. i plan to transfer to a 4 year university. the thing is...i love the chem teacher that im taking now. he is awesome at teaching and i actually understand chem! so my question is...would it look bad if i took all my upper level science courses in the 4 year except for chemistry? i want to dual enroll and take my chem classes at the CC. thanks.

I'm basically doing the same thing. I started taking Chem 2 at a University and the professor was foreign and I literally could not understand what he saying. I found myself trying to just learn it all out of the book and it wasn't working so well. I withdrew and am taking it at a CC right now. It's amazing! The information is exactly the same but it all makes sense this time! The labs aren't near as good though.

To answer your question, you should probably just get in touch with the schools you'll be applying to. That is what I did and they DID tell me that taking some of the prereqs at a CC puts my app at a "slight disadvantage". They get alot of applicants and many come from impressive universities. They recommended taking alot of upper level sciences at a university and obviously doing well in those classes. Thats pretty much all I can tell you.

I hope my chem class will be like that.

I am taking bio1 in a community college right now and I dont understand ANYTHING!!!! It's so depressing. Everyday single day of class is so boring... the teacher doesn't explain the material... We are learning genetics right now, the material is really challenging and I feel like Im falling behind. I am pretty sure that I will have to take it again in a 4 year institution.

Do you have to be at a 4 year prestigious university? Im at a half decent Univ College (known for being quite easy cause it is!! lol :D ) and im assuming that say if i get a 4.0 and they compare my app to someone with a 3.5 that means they are at a "slight disadvantage". Who cares about the school. Or do they care?:oops:

oh and i'd say you're doing fine. If you feel comfortable with a certain teacher then take it with him/her.